on 15 September 2014
Five out of five because of excellent value this represents, not because it outperforms a Samsung Galaxy or anything like that!

I bought this to replace my 6 year old son's Allwinner tablet (still available on Amazon at time of writing for approx £30) which got stood on while we were on holiday. I was tempted to just get the Allwinner again as it seemed fine but was tempted by the newer version of Android and faster processer.
Turns out I made a good choice, I've broken the review down into hopefully useful categories;

Build quality - Looks very solid and well put together, sockets for various USB and power connections all lined up correctly and no looseness.

Speed and performance - Pretty good, installed processor instensive games such as Temple Run 2 and was able to play it no problem which is great as my son's previous tablet suffered a but of lag which made games like this pretty much unplayable.

Display - Won't win any awards, there's no retina display here and the angle of viewing is quite tight which is typical for these types of budget offerings but it works just fine, colours are ok and resolution is more than acceptable for the price range.

Connectivity - WiFi connected easy enough and seems nice and fast. No bluetooth on this device which is again typical of this price level.

Compatibility - Couple of apps which wouldn't install from Google Play which stated they weren't compatible but I've had that with other devices and tends to be more of a developer issue rather than a hardware issue. All in all in seems to run all the main apps really well.

Camera - Rubbish. Don't take on holiday and expect to come away with masterpeices you can sell to holiday companies. OK in bright conditions but grainey and drab in anything else. Again not unusual at this price point.

Battery Life - it arrived fully charged which was great but I can tell from having mucked about on it for an hour installing apps and playing games etc... that it won't be amazing. Battery life is of course determined by what you use it for, if you just want to check your emails occasionally and do the odd browse I'm sure it would last a day or two. Anything more intensive like game playing will be 2-3 hours max. I'm sounding like a broken record but again this is typical for this price range. Added bonus that you can charge from USB although there is a shoddy looking pin charger supplied with it as well.

In summary then;

Great tablet for kids or the undemanding user. Exactly as I imagined it to be, if my daughter broke her current cheapo tablet I wouldn't hesitate to get one of these as a replacement.
on 21 August 2017
Works ok for that price.
on 29 December 2014
I bought this item for my son and I wasn't expecting it to be so good. It came really fast on the exact date it said it would . I've not really had a proper look just messed around with it. I was surprised how good the speakers were and how easy and fast it is to use I'm considering to buy one for my self. My mum bought a polaroid tablet wich was more than this and shes considering to buy one of these because it seems much better than the polaroid.
on 10 September 2014
Just the thing to keep my 3 year old grandson quite for hours. Handy to have a full size USB on the side and all this for £30 bargain.
on 7 January 2015
I had a blue and a pink one of these for my son and daughter and got them at a good price . If I had played the full price I would be even more angry about how bad they are. They are both slow, but the pink one only holds its charge for about a hour and the blue for about 2 hours at the most when it's ment to last for 4 hours. I wish I had not brought them as I feel it was a waste of money but didn't use them till Xmas as they were gifts so couldn't return them as I brought them early and my son ripped the box open in excitement.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2015
Well packed,arrived quickly,they didn't have the colour i 1st chose but customer care were very good and changing colour was made easy, for the price you really can't moan, it's not a ipad or any other top end pad so it would be crazy to compare it to that,
Battery life lasts about a day if you play games on it,longer if your just browsing the web, it runs quite fast and dosnt lag for £30 it really is a great little gadget.....
on 13 January 2015
The tablet is fab, it would be 5stars But there's a few APS I usually use that aren't compatible with this model but only the odd couple?? But the camera not to good:-\ but apart from these couple things this tablet I'd recommend especially for price is great! I have just recommended to a pal who is ordering today!
on 28 November 2014
awful, had for less than 3 months and it wont charge, after going through 3 new chargers for it. my nephew is devastated as it was his birthday present, been told i now cant return because my return date ended back in september, not even giving me enough chance to test it.
never again.
on 19 January 2015
It just depends what you want it for. I wanted it for my child to play games, but the processor speed is terrible, and it ONLY HAS 1GB HARD DRIVE, NOT $GB AS ADVERTISED!

If you just want it to play movies and music, it's fine, but anything else, and it just cant handle it.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2014
very good device does what it says and is very fast. but did have a dent and a small black spot on the screen