on 30 November 2014
Rubbish and it's also badly written rubbish.
on 8 April 2016
This book is crap and so unbelievable. For true crime addicts or true life stories addicts...def give it a miss.
on 9 September 2014
Rubbish worst book I've ever read
on 17 January 2017
This is not the most shocking child abuse story I have ever read, the abuse was mild in comparison with what some children suffer.The first 75%of this story was interesting, then it became ridiculous and unbelievable, I had to struggle to read it to the end but finally got there.The real abuse happened in the police investigation boarding centre where Joey was forced to experience hostile physical,and prolonged questioning by burly policemen without parents or a lawyer by his side. Without this he would have got over this in a few weeks.
on 22 February 2017
Very sad and frightening for this poor little boy . I can't imagine the fear that he felt. Children should be cared for and made to feel safe, they are so innocent . It made me feel sick and scared for him throughout the book. I have Sons and it just kills me to think if it was them suffering this abuse. There are some Evil people in this world and we trust everyone because we have to in life to go forward but it's so scary that these evil monsters are among us. I hate child abusers .
on 23 June 2014
5 stars.
I was dumbstruck at what this young lad had gone through. It was like one catastrophic episode after another.
I couldn't believe the deliberate and strategic organization that these bad people had put in place to get what sick gratification they were after.
A very sad, read and very well written.
on 18 August 2014
This book was such a waste of my time.
I highly doubt ANYTHING in this book is true . Surely it would've been all over the news..
Even the way the 'Therapist' spoke was complete rubbish , they just listen ..not interject every 2 seconds with psychobabble ..
Don't waste your time on this , believe me..you'll regret it
on 6 July 2014
I couldn't put this book down. What a brave a special person you are and have turned into.
The only thing I had a small problem with was the text. There were words missing some spelt incorrectly and others that just didn't make sense. Other than that, I'm glad I bought this book. Live long and happy Joey x
on 10 July 2014
Sorry but I think the title is misleading. Also the author needs to say if he's changed the names of the people in book.
I wasn't shocked by this. If you wanted to read a true shocking account of child abuse read Cry myself to sleep by
Joe Peters . I wasn't convinced by this at all.
on 26 February 2014
This book was hard to put down, and is a very touching story. If shows how children can be easily led and how vulnerable they can be in this world of evil people and how we must put a stop to the paedophiles of this world.
I'm glad Joey recovered so well.God bless you.