Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.49

on 29 May 2017
Love this author. Book in immaculate condition.
on 9 July 2014
I really enjoyed this book I was upset that cropp died Is there a book about Maddox coming out if so when
on 15 July 2014
Love these books reading them once isn't enough
on 17 September 2014
i just love love love this series.
i must read if your into hot alpha guys
but to be honest the ladies are funny too
10/10
huge fan of harper....bring on LOCKE
on 23 December 2013
ARC received in return for an honest review.

Oh my, words cannot describe my emotions after reading this book. I thought I loved Axel and Cage but Beck has left me speechless.

This book is an amazingly emotional story which is both heart-warming and heart-wrenching. I can't go into detail about the story without spoiling it for others but it covers some of Izzy's story from Dee and Beck's perspective.

I thought I loved Axel, then I thought I loved Cage, but Beck, he is just too delicious for words. I love his masculinity and his sensitivity and the way he approaches his relationship with Dee. Dee has a painful story to tell but she keeps it a closely guarded secret. Her friends don't suspect anything but Beck sees through her veiled emotions and slowly works with her to help her to face her demons in order for her to overcome the horrors of her past.

Dee tries to resist Beck and tells herself that she just can't trust any man enough to offer up her heart. Their relationship has swings and roundabouts but Beck's dogged determination is so sweet that Dee can't help but believe that a life of hopes and dreams is possible.

"We were going to do this before you even knew you would be coming home with me, Babe"

"I'm not looking for forever, Beck."

I love how well Harper Sloan handled the sensitive areas in this story; she made Dee's history painfully believable and bluntly realistic. The way Beck's personality seeps into Dee's heart is so sweet and tender but also extremely sensual. I challenge anyone who reads this book not to feel Beck's raw sexuality

"You want this, don't you, sweetness? Because I can tell you right now, after just one taste of you, I want more than my next breath."

As expected, all of the Corps Security guys play an integral part in this book, as they did with the preceding books, and you get to see more of both Coop and Maddox. I am still crying out for Maddox's story but during Beck you get to see a little bit more of him and his connection with Emmy.

This book has it all, humour and heartbreak, tears and tragedy but most importantly a HEA.

"She thinks I saved her but the truth is, she saved me."

As a final point, I must say I simply love Sway and I desperately need a Sway novella at some point in the future. He is simply hearts and rainbows and butterflies and puppies all rolled into one sweet package.
on 24 June 2014
I love it when a book exceeds my expectations. Dont get me wrong, i loved book 1 - Axel and thought Cage's story was good too, but this was i was dubious about. Firstly because we hear of Dee and the beginning of her 'relationship' with Beck in book 1 and how they seem to go backwards and forwards throughout book 2. What we dont know is WHY Dee is so reluctant and seems to push Beck away. This just lead me to believe she was playing hard to get and/or had some bad background story that caused her seemingly stupid behaviour. For the most part this is true. But after the last chapter of book 2, and definitely after reading this book, I realised that is goes so much deeper than that. Her experiences with her parents and her subsequently being used by boyfriends so they can land a good job with her Father, oh and not to mention all the s*** that goes down with Izzy and her ex in book 1, means she has zero trust in any man. It makes Izzy's past seem like a walk in the park. And believe me, I really bled for Izzy.
I wont go into details, but there is a big revelation regarding just how involved Dee was in Izzy's past with her abusive ex, yet something else to add to the crap she has had to deal with. Together, she ends up down a path that without the help of Beck, she would have done something really really stupid.

So this book was a bag full of emotions, that surprised me. It starts with scenes from her childhood (I HATE her parents!) and then moves onto the scenes we read about in book 1, where she meets Beck for the first time. Quickly it moves onto the present, some 2 years after book 1, where something else - a problem with one of Dee's employees leads her back to Beck and unfortunately a really sad turn of events towards the end. I wont say WHO this event affects.....but what i will say is that, although it was sad, I'll admit that I dont consider this person to be a major character (i can bearly remember from the other books) so I wasnt exactly heart broken. Maybe i just have a bad memory. Either way, it will lead to a very interesting book at some point!

Something else i enjoyed about this book....Maddox. I hope his book is next. His mysterious personality seeps through in this book making me want him more! And aswell as the sad event at the end, we're also set up for his story with Emmy...."im going to get my girl and bring her home" - need i say anymore?

A turn of events from book 2, no cheesey 'baby-girl' or 'beauty' nicknames, although Beck was the right amount of possessive-neanderthal versus sweet. Almost a cross between Axel and Cage......NICE!

Great stuff! Bring on book 4!!!
on 4 January 2014
Arc received for a honest review
This is the 3rd book in the corps security series....I did a happy dance when this arrived on my kindle!
This book gives you the long awaited story of Beck and Dee..... I've needed this story since Axel.... The wait was completely worth it, I could not put the book down.
Harper Solan's writing seeps into your heart and stays there.
Even though this is the story of Beck and Dee....we still get more of the whole family..... Axel. Izzy, Greg, Melissa, Coop, Maddox and Emmy.
We finally get the painful history of Dee and understand what is holding her back from her true feelings towards Beck.
Throughout the first two books Beck was the strong silent type and now we get inside his head and see how he fights for Dee because he knows she is worth it.... I couldn't help but love Beck .........
Beck sees through Dee's front and is there to help her every step of the way.....to see the perfect right in front of you, you need to travel the rocky road because a HEA doesn't come pain free.
I was taken on a heart wrenching rollercoaster from page one to the very last page.....I couldn't help but fall in love with the Corp boys even more.
I want to keep this review spoiler free.... But there is a huge event which occurs that I did not see coming which left me a blubbing tear stained mess.... But in the aftermath brings the Corps family even closer together and set to fight to protect what is theirs.
I cannot wait for Cooper and Locke stories because this series just keeps getting better and better.
on 21 January 2014
BECK is the third instalment in Harper Sloane's contemporary, adult, erotica series focusing on a group of former marines and the women they love. This is John `Beck' Beckett and Denise `Dee' Roberts story-one that begins in the first book Axel.

This particular storyline begins with Dee Roberts reflecting on her life and the image she portrays to the public-the public lie; the mask that hides a multitude of secrets, demons and the truth. Dee's background is rife with the stuff of nightmares and for many people, surviving against the odds is the best they will achieve. Dee is a woman who forges ahead, keeping the secrets and demons buried, so that no one including her two best friends has ever seen the pain and ugliness that lies within. But John Beckett-the man who stole her heart-sees everything. He may not know all of the details, but he can see into her soul and knows that there is more to the story than anyone knows.

Beck is a former marine who fell in love with Dee in Axel and Isabelle's story. Over the ensuing two novels, we are given small hints the relationship between Beck and Dee is slowly starting to disintegrate but in reality Beck is the anchor that prevents Dee from floating away. One disaster after another befalls our heroine and Beck is the man she leans on for support. But there are some people that even the Corp Security team are unable to save, an in this, the storyline ends on a heartbreaking note.

BECK (told in alternating first person POV) is a storyline rife with graphic violence, abuse and death. Like the previous two instalments our leading heroines are continuously placed in the line of fire and the resulting pain and sorrow will affect them all. My only complaint, and this from a logistics point, why does everything happen right under the Security Team's watch without them ever noticing? Not sure, but I guess, without the intrigue there would be no story.

Harper Sloan, once again, brings the Corp Security family together in a storyline that will break your heart; shed a tear; and leave you feeling lost. Our couple get their HEA but the losses to their friendship and the Team are going to hurt for a very long time.
on 26 January 2014
Warning: This is the third in a series and whilst it could be read as a stand alone, I HIGHLY recommend reading these in order (noted below)

Axel AVAILABLE NOW!
Cage AVAILABLE NOW!
Beck AVAILABLE NOW!
Locke Awaiting Release
Cooper Awaiting Release

"Beck. Mr. Panty Soaking himself"

Harper Sloan has well and truly excelled herself with this, the third instalment in the Corps Security Series.

I actually want to give this Just One Star - because SHE BROKE MY HEART!!! But the writing, the storyline and the oh my s*x scenes were so beautiful (&hot) that it truly merits all 5 Stars.

We met Beck in the first two books, and to be honest, he was a bit of an ass. Well OK, he was a huge ass.

We leave Dee in Book #2 as a pretty sorry looking person and in the beginning of Book #3, she seems to do little to help herself.

Well...

She DOES have HOT STEAMY SHAKE THE ROOM s*x with Beck!!

I'm pretty sure I blacked out. H ell, I might've died and gone to heaven, had tea with Jesus, then fallen back to earth. He is that good.

There is more action in this book - both S*x action and Heart Stopping drama. It honestly has you on the edge of your chair (or wherever you like to read) from about chapter 4.

Be prepared - at around the 80%ish mark your heart will be ripped from your chest and I dare you not to shed a tear.

Me??

Oh, I bawled like a baby.

Excellent Book - Please go and read it.

Oh and Remember...

"Tomorrow is never a guarantee; live life to the fullest and never stop smiling"
on 26 December 2013
Axel is the first book in the Corps Security Series. This is where you first get to meet Denise (Dee) as Izzy's and Craigs best friend. I have always loved this incredibly strong, feisty woman. Although Becks gets introduced along with all the other guys, Coop, Maddox and of course Axel, I never thought he would be such an amazing guy in this book of his.

Cage is the second book in the Corps Security Series.

Beck, the third book in the Corps Security Series, and probably now by far my favourite. I would love to know how Harper gets her ideas for her books. Although it at times really killed me to see both Dee and Becks stuggle, the way Becks kept his faith and his love and his unrelenting support for Dee was just heartbreaking. I love that he gave shit to whomever deserved it even if it was his own 'family' nothing and no one is more important to him then Dee.
I love that all the characters are in this book and especially that Sway gets a decent amount of 'time' in this book. I have really grown to enjoy Sway, so much fun, so much joy and decency!!! A wonderful character that I look forward to reading more about.

*****SPOILERS******* Tissues needed, AND LOTS OF THEM....... OMG, heartbreak of the worst kind.......... and probably one of the sweetest proposals I have ever read, OH yeah and "pop candy", WOW!!

I can not wait to see what happens next with Asher and Chelsie, although I have a feeling the Maddox and Emmy will be just as amazing if not even better!!!

Only down side, I would have liked to have had a bigger confrontation between Dee and her parents, especially her dad!

All said and done Ms. Sloan, I LOVED it, definitely my favourite of the series so far, but who knows what you got up your sleeved with the others!!!! Thank you!!