Format: Toy|Change

on 10 March 2015
I'm an adult, yes I am an adult who bought some lego. I have not used lego since I was like 7 years old, as a child I don't think I used to have sets where you followed instructions, we just built things from random pieces. Fast forward many years after much deliberation over the extortionate seeming price of modern lego I decide to buy a set. I absolutely love this model. It was easy to build (for an adult) but almost therapeutic! I sat on the floor and watched TV whilst building this and it was a relaxing enjoyable experience there is no frustration or "Grrrr!! this piece didn't fit!" or "Grrr this piece is missing!" it was just fun! and at the end of it, you end up with an amazingly accurate lego portrayal of an iconic star wars ATAT which looks damn awesome!

I was a highly sceptical person who did not like lego's price, but after actually buying this set I think it is alright value given the quality of the pieces and instruction and everything, everything fits everything is there and you get spare pieces. I will buy more lego because it is rare you buy a toy which captures something as iconic in your childhood as this, a fine job by lego.
review image
As a former arm chair general I have always been fascinated by the Rebels defeat at the battle for Hoth. The Imperial forces mainstay assault on the ground was the AT-AT Walkers, which seemed effective, although there were losses due to Luke Skywalkers’ ingenious counter attack.

The AT-AT (please correct me if I am wrong) is the second edition produced by Lego. So my nephew and I went ahead and purchased this newer version. Much to our surprise, this unit is a huge improvement over the older version. The build quality is really solid, although the main command module at the front seems to be disproportionate, in size to the rest of the body. The Lines, of this significant battle unit, are nice and tight; the head unit is solid and won't come apart. The overall design is exceptional showing lots of detail.

My nephew and I love the spring loaded laser guns; the projectiles can travel at least six metres. The inside of the body is bland; there is not real detail in there, but plenty of room to store a couple of imperial storm trooper mini-figures.

We added the AT-AT to our Hoth battle scene “simulation”, and it was soon apparent that one AT-AT Walker was insufficient for an “accurate” demonstration on the field of battle. My Nephew informed me that either we would have to wait for Christmas, his birthday, or I could purchase the additional unit. My answer was short and to the point, I said that I only gave strategic advice – and my valuable time to help build the Hoth Lego simulation, financial assistance is not within my remit.

Overall a good unit worthy of a good four stars.
on 28 August 2014
Review from Max (a 8 year old):

I liked:
- That its neck could move
- Nice figures came with it
- Instructions were easy to follow with not much help from my parents
- took me a whole day to make

I didnt like:
- Legs fall apart when you walk it
- Its quite expensive for the amount of lego you get (should be less than £100)
on 24 January 2015
Our six-yr-old boy spent four hours on Christmas day making this with his daddy. It's a stretch project for him - the boy - and he was so proud of himself aterwards. I had reservations initially on price - and it is a v costly gift at €140 - but based on our son's enjoyment of it and that he has played with it every day since Christmas and still loves it, I'm glad in the end that we went for it.

Best bits are the trapdoor (activated via a lever on the bum, which adds no end to our son's enjoyment of that feature) and the interior bits front and middle that hold the storm troopers. We also love the fact that the head swings and the legs have joints.

For the price, a few more rebel characters would have been great. All in all though, a great buy with no regrets!
VINE VOICEon 12 January 2016
Such an awesome model. My 8yr old son was given this for Christmas and now it is finished it is truly a great Lego Star Wars model. Not as many pieces as the Imperial Star Destroyer he got last year (1 week to build), this is slightly easier to make (7 + 1 bags) as of course the 4 legs and 2 sides are identical to build. Sturdy enough to play with, the jointed knees, hips and feet mean you can model and pose the At-At nicely, not sure it will stand up to being brought to the ground by speeders or how good it will be in the snow of Hoth (or England) but the look of awe and pride when my son completed it will be a memorable as the Empire Strikes Back to me.
on 30 October 2015
Good buy as soon as I opened it from the packaging I got straight to work to start building this amazing Lego figure and then to add it to my collection of Lego Star Wars figures

No issues here so I would actually say go and buy it is for any age and it is fun to construct
on 26 November 2014
I bought this few weeks back what a deal I paid £70 on here and it was £120 in the lego shop good old hotdealsuk.com well happy with this buy and for people saying it fell apart lego isn't designed for some heavy handed full on playing its lego lol
on 3 April 2015
I bought this as a gift for my younger Brother, he was very pleased with it!
There are loads of bits and it took him a while to make it- but that's all part of the fun.

Once together it is pretty massive. If you like Lego and Star Wars, you won't go far wrong with this. Only minor gripe would be the price, but my Brother thinks it's good value for money (a big Lego fan!) and these sets are never cheap really.
on 10 July 2015
Best thing I ever brought
The last photo is the overall build time.
review image review image review image review image
on 13 November 2014
Pride of place in my front room. Love it!