Customer reviews

on 20 April 2015
It works. Seriously. I followed the method throughout the book and have a wicked streak of days completing my desired tasks. Some days finish with the minimum results and some are with lots of extras but I am forming habits and doing well. Nothing ever worked for me and i was a terrible procrastinator. I used the technique with some free habit apps to track my progress and it's a great feeling to see your success laid out before you. Stephen is spot on with his technique and I highly recommend this book. It is well written, funny and informative. Thanks Stephen.
on 22 April 2017
I am a bit of a junkie for these kinds of books - but this is the best one I've read in a long time. Such a simple idea but one that goes against many of our ingrained societal ideas. I must admit to be being a bit of a sucker for the idea of getting yourself extremely motivated, doing something extreme for a while, then watching it fade away. This book is the antidote to that. As the title suggests, it focuses on doing something small - stupidly small - but doing it every day. Consistency builds a foundational habit. Habit is the most powerful weapon at our disposal, far more so than motivation or willpower. Habits make things easy, even automatic. Stephen Guise has really tapped into this fact and come up with a genuinely innovative idea (one that will make you kick yourself and think 'why didn't I think of that?')
on 27 August 2017
I don't often write reviews but I feel this book deserves one. I can only give it 5 stars but it deserves 10. I discovered this book through a reference in one of Tim Ferris's books. In the past I've tended to read self help books, tried hard to put the advice in action for a few weeks or months and then given up. This book however is changing my life and it seems effortless. Stephen gives you the science behind it all but most importantly, practical ways to implement what you are learning. Work has improved tremendously as has my personal life. Success begets success and I'm finding I want to learn and try new things now that I have a practical way to achieve them. You can apply these techniques to so many different areas in your life, like exercise, diet, study, learning new skills, relationships, money, etc etc etc. Once you have read this one l, recommend his next book on Imperfection. This is just as good and takes things a step further. I'm eagerly awaiting a third book (Stephen, I hope your 50 words a day is close to yielding the next one 😋). I gifted this book to my sister as I want it to help her like it's helping me. Im also very subtlety introducing some concepts to my little boy as he starts school as it will help him tremendously later in life. Buy this book, you will not regret it.
on 24 May 2017
The book outlines the strategy of Mini Habits well and fairly concisely. I read it in two sittings. Like many good ideas, it seems obvious once you've read it that mini habits are, of course, the way to go and I got the feeling that my subconscious mind already knew this, it just needed it pointing out. Once the idea is in the forefront of your mind, you can adapt the idea to all sorts of situations - the first small step is nearly always achievable provided it really is a small step. At the moment, I can't imagine a situation where it would fail. Well worth reading.
on 29 August 2017
The ideas are good and the writing style is occasionally mildly amusing, but the book as a whole is repetitive and boring. It contains about enough for a single blog post, but by George, you paid for a whole book so he repeats the premise about 30 times. You learn more than you ever need to know about his gym habits and how devoted he is to writing. Well, good writing should also involve editing, and he didn't do much of that.
on 19 September 2017
Loads of books on creating habits...many if which are quite dull and technical. Though this is a little repetitive it does provide some really actionable ways to quickly create long lasting habits. I've already implemented some using one software to help and I think it will last.
on 29 March 2017
You know when you look at the stars at night ? they look beautiful, make you really appreciate the night even more if you look at them.

Same with those little habits. They do make you think and work too.

The book just like the artist and his other books too, deserves attention.

Also, it is of those books that makes you appreciate people and their effort.

Thanks a lot Stephen Guise

Michal
on 9 April 2017
Some interesting points raised to help motivate change in behaviours!
on 22 August 2017
A very simple theory that works if you apply it. I have started applying mini habbits to areas of my life that I struggle to stay motivated with.
on 8 April 2017
Habits are the foundation of living. If you get your habits right, your life will go in your desired direction. This book outlines the steps needed to establish lasting habits, along with why the technique works.