on 17 April 2014
After waiting a couple of weeks for this to be delivered (Royal Mail is c*ap!), I was eager to try this as I'd seen very good reports about it and also watched some videos of it being used on YouTube.

First thing I noticed was the colour of the Gel at the end of the Stick... it was white and all the ones I'd seen in the reviews were a blue colour, but I thought it might not be an issue.

First thing I noticed when I went to use the 'cleaning paper' was that only a few actually were sticky paper... the others in the box appeared to be just normal strips of paper!... i.e. JUST paper, not the proper very sticky stuff to clean the head of the Gel Stick

Next I noticed that the actual Gel was not very sticky and applying it to the camera sensor, it hardly 'stuck' at all to the surface (the whole idea is that it's supposed to be really sticky and pick up deposits of dirt etc.. ) and after checking the sensor (take photo of white sheet of paper at high f stop number ((f22 for example))) the sensor had more marks and debris on than before I started with the Gel Stick!

Trying to give this product the benefit of the doubt, I decided to use a whole sticky paper to clean off the head of the Gel (only got ONE REAL paper strip left now... as I mentioned above, the others are JUST strips of white paper!!) and tried again to clean the sensor.

Again, after taking a test shot of a piece of white paper (f22 ... A mode ... out of focus etc.) to check after using the Gel Stick... looking at the results it appeared that all that had happened was that there was just as much dust and other debris on the sensor, only this time, in different places!

I went back to the old method of cleaning my sensor (sensor swab with fluid) and after a couple of cleans with a fresh swab and cleaning fluid, I managed to clean the sensor of most of the debris left behind by the Gel Stick and got a more satisfactory result.

My guess is that this is a fake product (not sure if the white colour of the Gel Stick is significant or not?) with very little 'sticky' to the Gel Stick and only a few real cleaning paper strips, with the rest being just plain white paper.

I'm going to look around and see if I can find an 'original' version of the Gel Stick and give it a try as my belief is that the 'real' Gel Stick really does do all that's claimed of it.

I'll put the experience of this product down to another of life's lessons but my best advice to anyone considering this product is .... BUYER BEWARE!
on 16 February 2014
Bought this jelly head cleaner and one of the same design from another seller (the other seller's delivery was very slow and I thought it'd been lost in the post), and they both exhibited the same problem of arriving with the head covered in a sticky residue that needs to be cleaned off before use. I tried them both first on my LCD screen and they both left a horrible sticky residue which was easily wiped off but would have meant a wet clean had I used them on the sensor, but after a couple of dabs on the sticky cleaning paper, the jelly head was working perfectly leaving no trace at all. So it works, and works well, but please clean the jelly head before using it on a sensor. As a matter of interest, the adhesiveness of the jelly is very mild, if the thought of putting a 'sticky' anything onto your precious sensor glass is troubling you, the head is just a very soft sort of malleable plastic and doesn't adhere to the glass.
on 25 March 2014
I don't normally leave feedback, positive or otherwise, but this piece of rubbish cost me two days in the editing room. On first use it leaves an oily residue on the sensor. I cleaned this off and started again, using the (not particularly tacky) cleaning head again. All it did was aggregate what was already present into pretty obvious patches across the sensor. Don't waste your money...
on 21 March 2014
I've never liked the idea of wet cleaning my DSLR sensors. So when I found out about the jelly cleaner it sounded perfect.

I've got 2xD600's which are reportedly plagued with problems with oil & dust. To be fair mine have been pretty good but there are a few dust spots which are sometimes visible when I am using very high apertures. I may send them off for shutter replacements but don't fancy losing the cameras for weeks whilst Nikon replace the shutters.

This jelly cleaner makes the whole process pretty much foolproof. Under 30 seconds and you can have a clean sensor free from dust!

I would concur with the tip to try it on your LCD first just to get rid of the initial sticky residue on the jelly before trying it on your sensor. Other than that I think it's excellent value for money.
on 30 April 2015
Terrible product, firstly it left oily residue on my sensor and on trying again (assuming the oily residue was from manufacturing and should have been removed with the sticky paper). The when I tried to remedy the situation the tip fell off, I can not recommend this to anyone. I subsequently bought myself the Cleaning pads and fluid which removed the residue this stick had left and then with a second clean left my sensor virtually spot free (still a couple of spots but nothing I can't live with).
on 1 April 2014
Gret solution that removed spots off my Nikon D80 sensor. I'd had a few issues with 'dirt' on the sensor & although I managed to air blow th rogue hairs I needed this to actually get the final spots off. Got this product following the recommendation of a colleague.
on 14 May 2014
I bought this sensor cleaner with not a few doubts in my mind. I had seen and read an article about it but you know how it is. I used it and voila!! My sensor is clean!! The thing is not cheap but worth every cent I paid.
on 12 May 2015
I use this to occasionally clean my sensor. This is a really simple tool to use and with due caution removes the majority of offending flecks on the sensor.
From start to finish I am done within 5-10 minutes.
on 25 March 2014
The Vktec sensor cleaner dose the job, it comes in its own tin to keep it clean, I cleaned the applicator before use to remove any excess gel.
on 6 July 2015
This product does not work at all