Customer reviews

on 30 December 2013
Book 2 takes over from the introduction of the characters and plot in Book 1. The year of the Hollow marches along with action, humour and great imaginative writing. The vivid and descriptive writing certainly brings the " creatures " to life.
This book packs in so much more than Book 1 and I am now eagerly awaiting Book 3! This book is written for young adults but it is equally suitable for the not so young adult as well.
on 27 December 2013
Graham has truly excelled himself with book 2 in his wondeful Mason McQueen series. He skillfully inter-twines book 2 into the story that began so well in book 1 bringing forth revelations subtly hinted at in book 1 but with such fantastic twists and turns as to truly take your breath away, leaving you gasping for more. He builds on the characters in book 1 endearing them to the reader and growing their personalities whilst teasing our craving to know more about them. Amazingly he does this without compromising the pace and development of the storyline and he continues to introduce to us an even more intriguing line up of weird and wacky individuals as the plot unfolds before our eyes. All I can say is I never saw this coming and it really is a work of genius. Mr Batten, I salute you Sir.
on 4 January 2014
If at all possible I read Grahams second book even faster than I read his first,there are many twists and turns in this book and I may have to read it again...... slower! If you enjoyed the first book you will love the second one, be prepared to be shocked at the last twist. Well done Graham,move over Harry Potter a new King is born.
on 10 January 2014
Read the first book and have been waiting with anticipation for the follow on yet again a great read kept me on the edge of my seat looking forward now to the next one
on 18 January 2014
Read Book 1, eagerly been waiting for book 2, and it didn't disappoint. Fab book written by a talented young man. Wouldn't hesitate in recommending to anyone.
on 10 February 2014
Yet another great read, love all the characters and would highly recommend this series of books, can't wait for book 3