Customer reviews

Size: 72 mm|Style: ND 1000|Change

on 5 April 2015
I like this a lot. Took it out on a bright day to shoot a waterfall and very happy with the result
review image
22 Comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2017
First ND filter that I ever bought and I'm glad I did. Gives lovely results and is cheaper than the 100x100mm square filters.

PROS
- Relatively good value for money
- Good quality
- Case that it comes in does a good job of protecting the filter and is nice and small.

CONS
- It is quite wide and although it can be used with other filters I have experienced some vignetting when stacking up.
- Not great if you want to use it with lots of different lenses with different filter thread diameters

All in all I would recommend buying this if you are just starting out with long exposures and don't think you'll be using many other filters. If you think you are going to be using ND grads and polarisers I would consider looking at the likes of NiSi's or Formatt Hi-Techs square filter systems.
on 30 July 2017
Excellent quality filter for those photographers looking to add that blur motion to their shots. I found the filter a bit difficult to clean but that is a minor gripe. Well made and feels premium as you would expect from a brand like Hoya.
Overall very happy
review image
on 28 June 2017
Hobby photographer....have previously had cheap NDs that colour cast. This one is brilliant and with the help of one of the many available ND filter shutter calculator apps freely available I've had some good photos out of it. Absolutely no colour cast - also have dropped it in the dusty gravel and it didn't damage at all. Highly recommended as I cannot fault it - but bear in mind I'm not a professional.
on 10 April 2017
Used this for professional Wedding videography with my Canon 5D3/5D2 and it does not disappoint.
on 9 August 2017
As with every other Hoya filter I've bought, this is excellent quality, comes well packaged and simply does exactly what it's supposed to do, to an excellent standard. I haven't tried other brands for screw in filters, simply because Hoya has been unfaultable, so I cannot offer a comparison, but I'm confident this will satisfy all.
on 11 June 2017
great to produce long exposures for special effects
on 1 April 2017
Used this attached to my lens and camera body. Amazing filter, clarity, ease of use and easy to clean etc. Should be in every photographers camera bag.
on 10 March 2017
An ideal companion for photographers needing to reduce exposure times for specific 'moody' or creative photos. Well packages, good quality and superb value!
on 20 July 2017
Reasonable performance for the price. You due get a bit of a hue over longer exposures but that is expected and nothing lightroom cannot fix.