Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Learn more Shop now Learn more Learn more

on 22 August 2017
Really poor Konjac powder. It is coarse, gritty, has black bits throughout it and is very slow to absorb liquid. Thankfully I didn't give up with Konjac and ordered some from NOW products which is far superior. It is finely ground, pure white and absorbs massive amounts of liquid very quickly.
If you are making low calorie desserts or protein puddings the Bulk powders Konjac is useless, it takes hours to thicken up and when you eat the final product it is so gritty, it is like eating something with sand in it. Even if you are downing the powder in the hope giving a sense of fullness, I still doubt it will be any good because the length of time taken to absorb liquid.
Spend a few extra pounds on a decent quality Konjac which thickens in minutes not hours!
on 27 October 2015
I'm on mobile so I can't upload a picture, but I have successfully made shirataki noodles with this. Fair amount of trial and error; I have definitely earned my alchemy certificate, and can confirm this is certainly real konjac root powder. So if that's what you're after... five stars.
on 11 May 2017
I've had two packs of this now. Just ordered my third this evening.
I did a lot of 'googling' before trying this product and it has done what it is supposed to do i.e. Make you feel a little bit fuller for longer. It's not a miracle you actually have to eat less and exercise regularly if your aim is to loose weight.

I have noticed that the two packs I've had are not consistent. With the first one the powder grains were larger and were still grainy when I drank it. It mixed well and if sprinkled in slowly to water I was stirrring it didn't clump.
The second pack was a finer power which required me to sprinkle it even more slowly to the water as I stirred as it turned to jelly almost instantly and easily clumped.

Having said that. I drank it anyway clumps an all or crushed them with the back of the spoon.

It'll be interesting to see what pack three will be like.

Do your research on how to use this. The instructions are not brilliant and use the trial and error approach to make it mix best for you.
on 11 August 2015
Makes you feel full, which is the idea

However, it tastes terrible. But If you mix it with effervescent multivitamins it totally dissolves and you won't taste it :)
on 12 October 2016
So far I have mixed this with milk, almond milk and fruit juice. It retains a somewhat gritty texture and can clump if not mixed very thoroughly. Not an unpleasant taste though.
on 20 October 2014
Brilliant. Mix it in with a shake for breakfast and keeps you full till lunch.
on 26 September 2016
I had big plans for this, but I struggled to find good uses for it in my current diet. I did a jelly for a while but the consistency of hair gel was too much to get past. I made an ok almond milk rice pudding using this and konjac/slim/10cal rice once though
on 15 May 2016
This stuff is brill... it's lyk a totally cheap version ov that SLS medical stuff... and y can cook with it! And it lasts 4ages
on 13 February 2016
I add a scoop of this to my morning protein shake - does what it says on the tin. Only issue is that I can taste it in my shake...
on 19 January 2017
Didn't really notice it. It does not seem to bulk up very much. Chia seeds do! They are/were also a so-called 'miracle food'.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse