Download now Learn more Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 5 June 2016
The story of the 47 Ronin is part of the culture of Japan, thousands visit the shrine dedicated to them , as told in the end of the film. The film itself is full of action and fantasy, and shows the true nature of Bushido, the code of The Samurai, and what it meant to lose that status and become Ronin, a Samurai who has no Shogun to protect. A really well made film, that deals with it's subject matter very well, and with empathy.
This is one of those films you could easily watch again and again. Excellent.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 August 2017
This is a fun film to watch. The fight scenes are very well choreographed & the scenery is fantastic. A Japanese fantasy film made in America - a bit weird but in my eyes worked quite well. I enjoyed the film & the quality on blu-ray was outstanding.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 July 2014
This film has problems, such as the pacing and the sombre tone of everything, but it is capable of some astoundingly beautiful scenes as well. I would compare it to a high budget 70's martial arts film that takes itself painfully seriously and tries very hard to get across it's message about honour and sacrifice.
As i was not aware of the legend of the 47 Ronin from Japanese history it was only after some research that i discovered some of what i think this film hoped to put across, and that can only be a negative for what appears to want to be a big mainstream action film.
The performances are very good from the actors involved, especially if you are a fan of Keanu Reeves and his 'understated' form of acting. The action sequences are handled well and choreographed beautifully. What lets this film down is the long sequences between these gems were people wander around the forest looking longing/confused/earnest.
I do like this film, but not as much as i hoped
on 30 January 2016
An interesting and genuinely fantastic tale of fuedal japan and a fight between Samurai and evil magical forces. With epic cgi and a pretty classic but good storyline, this is definitely worth a watch!
3 people found this helpful
on 24 June 2015
A very good box set of blu Ray movies but only as 3D versions but that's ok at the price this set goes for as little as £10 which is what I paid and was very pleased with the movies.
The best is 47 Ronin, RIPD which is a very funny movie and then there's the immortals which I thought was a little slow but by no means a bad movie.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 October 2015
I personally haven't ever seen a japanese themed, film like this before,
all the older samurai films, are dated and are not as modern or as extravagant as this,
I liked it alot from start to finish, as it has lots of good fighting, and a really well written story,
and the film itself is one of my favourite martial arts movies... And shouldn't be missed.
on 8 April 2016
How often have we said in our family that "they" do not make enough family type boy's own adventures. We took a chance on this one and thoroughly enjoyed it. A good and credible story and just the right amount of magical special effects, they can be overwhelming at times. And the ending, well........
We look forward to a second viewing.
on 28 August 2014
I antecedently bought this from Amazon when my daughter sat on the Wii remote while I was considering renting it on Prime. It was OK, Wouldn't have bought it if I had the choice. Worth a watch, but not one for the shelf.

Not sure about the whole changeling sub-plot, seemed heavy handed excuse to get Hollywood western movie star into a medieval Japanese fable.
on 1 February 2018
Great movies and they look absolutely fantastic in 3D. Of course I may have said it before but, Passive 3D is the way to go, Active 3D with the flickering glasses, however, just gives me a headache. These movies were fantastic and just as described + the seller shipped very fast to the U.S. Seller's Grade: AAA+
on 12 October 2017
Ahhhh Keanu, what can I say. Good film, a bit far fetched in some places, really enjoyable fun though. Interesting to learn about the real samurai warriors.