on 4 October 2014
I've been interested in photography for many years on and off and owned a series of SLRs from film to digital. Therefore most of the information in this book was not new to me. However having it clarified, or being reminded, of how to make use of the various camera settings is very useful. I realised that I was not making use of the white balance, and exposure modes as much as I should, probably partly because my techniques had not changed much since the move from film 10 years ago.

If you just want to know how to work the camera the manuals are fine. If you actually want some advice on how to use it and apply the various settings then this is an excellent introduction. The author has a nice style and the presentation of the book and the photos included are attractive. I would think this book would be useful for people with other dSLRs too, not just the 70D, although the technical details are obviously aimed at this model.
on 15 February 2014
This is a clear and colourful book for Canon EOS 70D owners that gives full details of not only settings for all occasions but the reasons behind those choices. The book explains why to use the many functions of the 70D to get the desired results. A great buy.
on 2 April 2014
I'm a complete novice as far as this camera is concerned, and this book has been an absolute godsend! So far I've recorded some great footage, but I've only just used a fraction of the camera's capability. This book is slowly taking me through it all, step by step. It'll be a long journey because I keep going back to re-read whole chapters (okay, I'm a slow learner!!), but it's SO worth it. Very happy with the purchase.
on 30 January 2014
I bought 3 books of Amazon as I just bought a new Canon 70d.

You really need to read a book and so much to learn..

I can't comment on the reading of the book as it will take a while to read.

However, I have flicked thru it and it looks good and easy on the eye to read and view.

Very nice colour photos and large text all spaced out... the sections seem easily explained with photos.

I paid £10.78 delivered....which is good value... Amazon's own price is £15.99!
I wouldn't get a kindle version... really no point.....lovely book to own...

Updated - 9thFeb - 2014
-----------------------
Out of the 3 books I purchased.. this is now my favourite book...
It has a really nice feel, look & style about it.. and the size of book is nice..

This is a must have for anyone owning a Canon 70D....the pictures inside make you want to stop reading and to get out and shoot...
10/10
on 2 March 2015
Fantastic book by Nicole - i have not put this down since buying my new canon, I have all ways been in to shooting movie and loved photos but never really took it seriously until a few months ago, i would class my self as new & learning all about the correct way to take pictures so this book is perfect, easy descriptions & tutorials some ace big colour pictures ! would recommend to any one starting out or any one buying the cannon 70d who knows there stuff ;-)
on 9 February 2016
A must for new and established Canon 70D owners. Very good value and well illastrated. I found it easy to read and more important easy to understand. I previously had a Canon 60D as was expecting the book to be more of a revision but I am delighted to say that it has shown me a few new options on both cameras. The book explains all of the 70D features in detail and I will constantly use it as a reference guide.
on 3 February 2015
I have the Nikon Version of this book and bought the Canon one as a gift for my brother who was lucky enough to get the EOS 70D camera as a birthday present. It's a very well written, descriptive book and gives very clear guidance on how to get the best out of your camera. Describes very well how to do all the settings which can be a bit daunting on a new camera. Very easy to refer to,
on 6 April 2016
Brilliant no nonsense book to get you off auto settings, the practice section is invaluable and I take it out with me for reference. I have learnt how the settings interact with each other and understood it! I would recommend to anyone wanting to get off auto settings.
on 6 March 2015
An easy to follow and well illustrated guide to using the 70D - does not assume any level of competence. Useful exercises at the end of each section to re-enforce the learning points.
on 30 July 2014
Great book very informative,should be a must buy for anyone with a 70d, explains things simply with easy to follow diagrams. Would highly recommend this book.