Customer reviews

Promethea Book Five
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.99

on 28 June 2014
The Promethea set of comics is by far one of the most cataclysmic reading experiences I've ever had. It's shockingly profound look, both in terms of artistic style, some of the finest work I have ever seen, and in terms of its concept, philosophy and poignancy, has changed the way I view comics, art, imagination and the very existence of my world and no words I write in a poorly thought out rushed Amazon review can ever do justice to the staggering amount of love I have for this series.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 January 2018
Very OK.
on 19 June 2012
Obviously a great book... and it arrived on time. Now I need to write more words so I can publish this review. I wonder if that's enough!
on 18 January 2014
Absolutely brilliant story by Alan Moore, a perfect, beautiful guide to the outer-inner and an inspiration and journey home for dreamers and magic people the worlds over. Artwork is also completely out of this world, it is quite nearly worth your while buying this book simply for the art!
on 3 August 2016
brilliant x
on 24 December 2010
I finally got around to reading these last few issues yesterday and I was blown away by how amazing it ended up. I've enjoyed Promethea from the first issue and although getting through some of the kaballistic exposition in the middle of the books felt like homework sometimes, it never felt frustrating. If you've been paying attention to the story then you probably know, to some extent, how things will turn out. The apocalypse is looming on the vague horizon and no one is excluded from the proceedings, not even the reader. This book breaks the fourth wall several times, a method which has become rather cliched at this point but Promethea manages to do it eerily well. There were point where Promethea was speaking to the reader directly and the scary thing is that the things she said actually felt personal to me, perhaps Moore is so smart that he knows the stories that people can relate to universally, regardless of their age or race, when Promethea said "remember when you and I sat by the fire and I told you all the different things you could be" I actually had a vague, albeit false memory of this.

I can't say much more without ruining the book, but for those who have stuck with Promethea up until now, be sure to finish the story and to read it with an open mind.

PS I am clinically sane and non-delusional ;)
4 people found this helpful