Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 March 2014
The third album and more experimental musically than the previous two offerings but on the whole I think it really succeeds on every level. The first three tracks are a diversion from Paloma's usual style and I think show a lot of influence gained during her stay in America. They really test her vocally but as usual she wins through. The rest of the album is filled with songs that have several singles potential. A great album, this lady is one of Britain's most innovative talents, long may she continue.
on 27 March 2017
Excellent very pleased
on 18 March 2017
excellent
on 29 March 2017
great cd great songs
on 23 June 2014
Love this CD. It has some slow songs and some really upbeat ones. Most friends and family have enjoyed it also.
This is my first Paloma Faith album. I bought after seeing her on TV.All the songs are upbeat great for singing in the car or dancing round the kitchen.I will definatly buy more of her music and now I want to see her in concert. Great stuff.
on 13 March 2014
Once again Paloma explodes back onto the scene proving once and for all she is a vocal powerhouse. Paloma was most definitely born in the wrong generation. With Pharell produced tracks Paloma's beats are that bit more slicker. A perfect blend of heart ache and get on your feet and dance. She always manages to hit you where it hurts with her distinctive vocals...an album to be heard live for sure....Bravo Paloma.
on 17 April 2014
This album is certainly more soulful than Paloma's first two efforts (I'll leave you to decide for yourselves whether that's a good thing or a bad one).

In my younger days I was a budding percussionist, so I am pleased at the amount of percussion used on this album - I can hear agogo bells on some tracks, amongst other instruments that don't often appear in modern music.

Moving on to the songs, I can honestly say I like every track on this CD with the exception of Take Me. An otherwise enjoyable song is ruined by that curse of the 1990s, a backing vocalist "whooping" every few seconds. If I could find a way to remove the whoops this would be a five-star album - instead, my finger will go straight to the fast-forward button every time this song starts. Another criticism is the use of electric drums on Impossible Heart, but they are not intrusive enough to spoil the song.

In addition to my earlier comment about a more soulful sound, there are times when I was reminded of Phil Spector's famous "Wall of Sound" (in a good way).

The deluxe CD ends with stripped-down versions of four songs (Can't Rely on You, Trouble With My Baby, Only Love Can Hurt Like This, and It's The Not Knowing). These work very well - in fact, I prefer the stripped down version of It's The Not Knowing to the version on the "main" album.
on 28 April 2014
Paloma is at her best, again. Really enjoyed her new album. She is very talented. I liked her from when I first saw her on Jools Holland.
on 12 March 2014
I was so excited when I got this album, Paloma has my attention in every song she sings, her words tell a story, I love this album, thank you Paloma Faith.