• 1916

Customer reviews

1916
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 March 2017
Did not buy this back in '91 as I was getting all growed up and married.

This would have been the more rewarding alternative. 16 years on it's just as fresh and lively as it was then...not true of all things.

The Rock 'n' Roll is strong in this one - Going to Brazil, Angel City and RAMONES.

Tongue in cheek bad-assery also abounds in several tracks (I'm so Bad etc)

The usual atheist and anti-war themes in No Voices in the Sky and the title track gratefully received.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2018
I've been a fan of the band for many years and I've heard all of the songs on this album before, but never had it in my collection. The album, as a whole, is one of the band's best in my opinion and has quickly become one of my favourites. The closing (title) track is hauntingly performed as only Lemmy and the boys can do. A must buy for all Motorhead fans.
on 27 January 2016
Great stuff. They were still very fecund and musically productive at this time. This is great rock & roll. Beefed up. Loud & fast. But rock & roll. Like Lemmy said. Not just metal. Not just noise. Great lyrics and melodic - in a Motorhead kinda way! The title track should be played every Armistice Day instead of that other bullshot!
2 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2016
Nothing I can say really,so why bother,except this is one of the best Motorhead albums Full Stop.Lemmy (God Bless You) sings for England.Two great Ballads 1916 be one of them.Guitar solos that still make your hair stand on end,as I still own my original tape version.Mother Motorheading Magic..
on 28 November 2016
I bought this album to coincide with The Battle of the Somme, what a great album this really is. R.I.P Lemmy.
on 13 May 2018
Good album by the heavy metal speed band especially the title track at the end very poignant
on 6 June 2016
One of the best Motorhead albums ever. Worth it for the final track alone - Lemmy's sad lament to the fallen of WW1...
on 16 September 2015
good album from motorhead an eccentric mix of motorheads usual fast and heavy style a few classic rock and roll style songs and of course 1916 a truly unique anti war song that cant be classified as either rock or metal
on 15 April 2018
Absolutely brilliant
lyrics to the title track very moving.
BUY IT
on 29 June 2016
So good I blew the speakers in my car when this was 1st released. Epic.