on 15 August 2014
I consider to have been one of best purchases I made for a long time. I got it because I had a stiff neck from reading my iPad. I imagined myself using it reclining in my armchair. While this works, I find it better sitting on a normal chair with the stand in front of my window. This a lovely way to read. I don't get any reflections because the light comes from behind the iPad and I have nice view of the garden in background. The iPad does wobble a little when you touch the screen unless you do it very gently though, so if you wanted to do something which involved touching the screen a lot, it might not work so well.
on 5 May 2014
Bought this for my husband who lays on (reclining) sofa most nights watching things on he's iPad.. He continually complained of neck and shoulder pain, I thought this would help and it really does.. It is used most evening and is sold at an amazing price compared to all others i found, its very sturdy. Really happy with this and can find no faults.
on 1 March 2014
I have had a lot of problems with my neck recently, and was beginning to think it may be due to huddling over my iPad. Bought this to see if it would help and am very happy with it. It is easy to adjust to different heights and angles, and I use it while sitting on the sofa. It is also possible to move elsewhere in the house although I would struggle to carry it upstairs as the base is quite sturdy....as it needs to be to make it so stable. I am writing this now on my iPad while it is attached to the stand with no problems at all. The attachment for the iPad is adjustable so it will hold a smaller kindle, and it can be rotated so you can use the iPad in landscape or portrait.

My neck seems to be better too!
on 31 May 2014
I have arthrits in my neck and this was made worse by continually using my iPad in my lap. I won't say this is a miracle.cure but the stand makes it so much more comfortable to use. You can adjust the level and how close you have it to you. There is a little bit of movement when you use the touch screen but you can easily steady it and the very firm base keeps movement to a minimum.
on 31 August 2016
Nice unit. Goes together well. The clamps are for landscape display. I put my tablet in this & adjusted it for portrait. No problem initially. I came back half an hour later to find my tablet on the floor. My tablet doesn't work any more, so I had a tablet stand & no tablet. I bought a new tablet & have modified my stand to have retainers for use in portrait display.
The unit does not intentionally cover any buttons so if you have it on display, at a show for example, you may want to consider what may happen if people can play with any power or volume buttons. It doesn't have any facility to run power leads to the tablet either so I invested in some Velcro ties to make things look a little tidier. It doesn't have any locking mechanism to keep the tablet so don't be surprised if someone runs off with your tablet.
It is value for money but if you can, my advice would be to spend a little more money.
on 4 December 2014
The product is pretty good. The arm itself is really sturdy and won't bend whilst holding the iPad, however, if the arm is too bent, if it gets knocked, it can tip over as the base design isnt so great. The holders for iPad is great as it doesn't restrict the charging port or the volume buttons.
Recommended.
on 1 October 2014
Very handy for when having a soak in the bath or a bit poorly in bed and want to watch something on the iPad. Clip that goes on to the stand is a bit iffy though - although secure against the iPad it doesn't feel secure against the stand.
on 2 April 2014
As you may gather from the heading of the review, the stand was purchased to complement my practice sessions on the drum kit, and I am so impressed with just how well it has performed, in fact I feel like a much better drummer already ;)

I've now owned the stand for approximately 2 months, and I can't think of anything negative to say about it, I am able to play along with Youtube videos, drumless tracks, or even just catch up on some very much needed video lessons,

The stand has very little restriction with angles of movement, I find it's possible to get it to just about any viewing angle, and it stays there, the base is just the right weight to keep it solid to the floor, even on uneven surfaces, the locking catch on the rear is easy to operate and makes the tablet very secure, it's even possible to tilt the tablet from landscape to portrait without any slip,
I'm using a Motorola Xoom in my stand, so it's not just suited to the iPad,

If your looking for a nice well priced stand, look no further.
on 2 April 2016
I liked this product up until now, although it had a lot o short comings. It is of poor quality, the base is a rusty, exposed black barbell gym weight which a pole slots into the centre this has split so now wobbles and leans and unable to support the iPad. I had only bought it 13months ago I am unable to contact the manufacturer. Do not buy £48 is a waste of money.
on 18 August 2016
Excellent purchase. Came in a good condition, and it's surprisingly sturdy. Checked out a few stands, many of which were insanely expensive for what it is. This one was simplistic and that's just what I wanted.
Some minor issues:
1) The glue holding the sponge grips to the hold seemed fairly weak, such that if you hold the ipad vertically, the grips start sliding off slowly (though I've had it held vertically for a few weeks straight without it falling). Taking off the grips and super-gluing them to the hold seemed to fix the problem completely.
2) To attach the stand to the base securely you have to screw the stand through a rubber filling. This makes it very sturdy, but it didn't show this in the instructions, which meant that at the time it seemed like it wouldn't fit.
Other than that, for the price of stand, this was a great purchase, which I would recommend for anyone buying an ipad stand.