on 6 July 2016
Delivered what the title states. Recommended reading for anyone considering or wanting to learn about the nuts and bolts of recruitment business/career. The book is certainly good value for money!
on 4 July 2014
An excellent introduction to recruitment and well layed out.

However there are many spelling and grammatical errors which make me loose concentration.

Here is one:

The client pays the agency £ 100 with an 18% margin.

"This is calculated thus: £ 100 x 0.18 = £ 82

£82 is what is paid to the contractor or temp."

A very silly error and it actually makes it hard to understand the principle.
on 14 February 2014
I have been looking to get into recruitment for some time now and I believe this is the most comprehensive guide I've seen so far. I believe I have gained a better understanding of all the aspects involved in becoming a top-notch recruiter. I would recommend this guide, if you are seriously thinking of becoming a recruiter.
on 15 June 2014
Great book and what it says on the cover it's very true.

Can't wait to read more and use it day to day life!
on 11 March 2015
Good book informative
on 11 February 2014
As I was reading through the book I was wondering if the author ever went through the spell check and editing process.I guess he didn't. It kind of distracts from the content. Overall it is informative for someone who wants to start their career in recruitment, however at times a bit basic, but in the end it is "introduction".
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 25 March 2017
I never received that item.

With regards,

Ms Tarelho
on 19 March 2016
Paid for but not arrived since Jan..avoid at all costs
on 11 February 2014
A really useful guide to those in the recruitment business, or those looking at starting off. The chapters are structured in an easy to read format and cover all of the basics and more. As well as giving a real insight into the day to day skills and minutiae of working as a recruiter, there is a lot of more advanced details given on the ways to make yourself stand out and succeed at the sales aspect. Highly recommended must read for recruiters.
on 11 February 2014
I was a recruitment consultant many years ago and am about to restart in the industry. I bought this for an up to date look at the current practices and for a refresher on the techniques needed. I was not at all disappointed. Paul Sullivan clearly has a passion for the subject and has a great deal of practical experience with which to offer guidance. I think reading this book has really put me in a stronger position to move forward. A must read!