Customer reviews

Make Believe
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 9 August 2017
Really good book and I will definitely be purchasing the next one.

1 plot line into 2 but I won't ruin the ending.
on 22 July 2014
This is my type of read.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 February 2014
An excellent crime read featuring DCI Janine Lewis who is leading the investigation into the death of a three year old boy whose body is found, after he has been missing for nine days. I really liked the character of Janine – she is good at her job, funny and above all as a mother, she empathises with and shows compassion towards people, seeming to have the knack of putting herself in people’s shoes. A single mother, she juggles her home and work lives as well as she can and comes across as extremely human, especially when she starts to doubt herself.

This is a quick read, I devoured it in one lazy day, but it doesn’t feel skimped at all. The detail you need is all there but with no extra padding. The story has plenty of twists and turns in it and even though I was constantly trying to work it all out in my head, the author really did surprise me in the end.
on 28 December 2013
Cath Staincliffe never disappoints, this one was brilliant, the professional and personal sides of a high ranking police officer's life are shown to a tee.
on 27 January 2014
Has a superb plot with an unpredictable ending. Cath Staincliffe is a brilliant writer and I have now read all her works. Looking forward to the next title.
on 10 August 2014
I always enjoy Cath Staincliffe. They are satisfying and humane crime novels with likeable women characters who are tough but human and a strong Manchester setting. This one reads like a TV script (maybe it is the book of the TV programme? I know I've already seen it on TV a while ago). It is a gripping story with an ingenious conclusion, but the characters are not fleshed out and there is little description or background. A bit too "bare bones" for me. I preferred her latest Sal Kilkenny story.
on 14 June 2016
Great story as usual really enjoyed this book. Felt drawn to the characters. Just love cath staincliffe's stories,never fails to please
on 12 August 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed this book,read 3 of Cath Staincliffe s books and all so far very enjoyable,a good read,onto the next.
on 1 February 2014
I just can't put Cath Staincliffe's books down. The only issue I have is that she can't write books fast enough!
on 17 May 2014
A Gripping read ,terrific stuff -her books are always worth adding to your kindle or slipping in your suitcase .