Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 4 April 2014
Firstly I must confess I am not a Catholic,although I did study with them for 8 months some years back,however I was not convinced and decided to leave.

After watching a couple of DVD's lately based on Pope John Paul's life,I became intrigued about the man,and, luckily I bought this book out of the many I found..I expected it to be written by someone who was in awe of this Pope,but how wrong can you be.Hugh Costello,wrote a very fair account of this man's life,he included,what he saw as weaknesses and flaws in the character of this "famous", but also stubborn man.

Thrown as he was into the horror of the Nazi occupation of Poland,he somehow managed to carry on with his theatrical ambition of becoming an actor,he worked with the Polish underground,he became involved with a mystic who,it has been claimed,shaped the future Pope's life.

The book is not large but it has an intensity that will hold the reader captivated until the last page.