on 10 February 2014
Fish back to his best. I personally think this album is his best musically and lyrically top form from our Scottish icon
on 11 January 2014
This reminded me why I listened to Marillion back in the 80's, though for fans of Forgotten Sons rather than Kayleigh...
on 29 March 2014
I'm a long time Fish fan, seen him a number of times live and have most of his albums. A few songs from 'Feast...' were previewed on the last tour and I wasn't overly enamoured with them at the time. Hearing this new CD in full has compounded my fears about the quality of the new material. I've listened to this a few times and unfortunately I have no interest in listening to it again. Of course Fish's music is about far more than catchy melodies, but this is a fundamental part of most good music and is something which is found in abundance in his earlier work. Here, however, it is not. Whilst the lyrics are no doubt very worthy and insightful etc etc, a lack of decent tunes to back them up makes this a dull, tedious listen. Lyrical concepts and ideas are a key feature of Fish's songs and it is this that makes him stand out from the crowd. Usually he supports his words with great tunes such as on past classics 'Vigil' and 'Credo', but here I cannot find anything which compares remotely favourably.
At the time of writing there are a host of 5 star reviews on Amazon and just one guy who has put his head above the parapet and rated 'Feast...' with 1 star. This is what has prompted me to offer my view, simply in order to balance things up and warn potential buyers that this is definitely not the classic it is purported to be by numerous others. It could just be me, but I won't be listening to this collection again and I sincerely hope future tours don't draw from this album because I'm likely to fall asleep mid-gig.
on 29 May 2014
It's very easy to listen to - some great Fish lyrics and would thoroughly recommend it to all Fish fans
on 22 April 2015
Probably my favourite album by Fish - can't believe it's been absent from my collection for so long.
on 23 December 2014
Fabulous Album. For me. Best offering since Clutching at Straws back in the Marillion years
on 22 March 2016
Musically and lyrically fine, the voice is struggling now though.
on 29 April 2016
Any fan of fish will be surprised to be honest
on 19 December 2014
Excellent album & fantastic delivery service
on 17 February 2015