on 1 February 2014
i have been a fan of butter coffee since i stumbled across it on the dave asprey site. butter coffee means i can do an intensive workout on an empty stomach and eat my first meal of the day about midday. Fits in perfectly with intermittent fasting. some days i would just have 2 coffees and an evening meal. this removed the stress of planning & prepping not to mention lugging around tupperware full of healthy meals. it was out of curiousity that i downloaded this book. i was intrigued to see what this book could offer from what i already knew. i read the book in one sitting. this book is brilliant for those who dont have the time or inclination to do their own research. the author has researched the subject well. this book puts all the information ive collected over the years into one place. adding protein to my coffee was a revelation but for me it works as i was always conscious of not getting enough protein on my IF days. i tried the supercharged coffee diet. my intention being to drink only coffee and water for 3 days. i lasted 2 days. i put this down to doing high intensity workouts on those days. on day 3 jumped on the scales and shocked to see id lost 8lbs. admittedly it was probably water, toxins & bloat but that didnt matter to me. the sluggishness and heavy bloated feeling around my belly had gone. its a positive and most importantly a fast jumpstart to a healthy leaner lifestyle. in this day and age where we want results 'fast' this works and spurs you on. im now on 2 coffees + 1 meal. im not hungry. sugar cravings are far & few between. i need to drop 2 dress sizes so will definitely keep it up. its not that hard once you get into it
on 30 January 2014
Intermittent fasting makes sense, and recent studies confirm that sugar is the main cause of weight gain, and not good fats.

However, you are required to have a lot of grass fed butter on this diet. No alternative is offered for the dairy intolerant and soy is banned. The book states that you probably won't be allergic to good grass fed butter, without offering any diary free alternative for those who have dairy allergies.
on 20 February 2014
given its price my husband and I expected a different book. A much shorter and less of a 'grabber' actually.

This Coffee Diet book gives a lot of data on eating and it goes into depth about your body and brain connection to the foods you eat. I had no idea about all the brain chemicals and their role in weight loss and health. Sam (hubby!) is better at sticking to things than me (sigh) and he has been on the 10-Hour Coffee Diet consistently since we started it together 4 weeks ago. He dropped more than 1 and a half stones! Me? I've sort of stayed with it, cheating just a bit on chocolate (my weakness) and I'm down almost a stone. But we feel MUCh better. Really. Not sluggish!

And I use tea,, not coffee, and like it just as much. But as I said at the start this is not just a geat diet book but a super book all about "the why's" we lose weight and little tricks to boost our weight loss and metablism. I never saw a book so concerned with keeping muscle mass before as you lose fat and that is vital but we never thought of it before. We certainly never knew how to keep muscle mass while losing weight.
on 4 February 2014
A book full of good information and tips. As a coffee lover with access to grass fed butter, cream etc, it is great to be able to combine these products into a drink that enable one to control their daily intake with such ease. Additionally to working the drink into one's program that includes intermittent fasting without much hassle is great though I would envision it being more difficult for those that have dietary issues - intorelant to certain food groups ec..
on 2 February 2014
I am not a coffee drinker and I don't want to get addicted but I understand the benefits and I can understand how it works I may give it a trial go to see how it works
on 20 February 2014
I'm losing weight, almost a stone since 3 weeks ago when I started. I will admit I have followed this e-x-a-c-t-l-y the way is suggests. I have not one even done one of the numerous alternatives the authors offer because I find the first and most-suggested method to work nicely for me.
The big thing is I do not have a constant crave for foods. Especially for biscuits which were my downfall. I got way overweight only due to my battle with sweets. A scone and tea ended up being lots of scones and sometimes tea!
I joke not ---- within about 36 hours the sugar craves I had completely stopped. It was about a day later when I even thought about something sweet only then it was just to be amazed I hadn't wanted a biscuit in almost 3 days!
The book discusses how sweet and starch craves will go away. You must believe me when I say it's telling the truth. And the big center section on the brain opened up a whole new way for me to view food.
on 20 January 2014
As well as the information regarding the coffee diet, which I'm starting today so I can't say yet if it works, there was other helpful advice on health.
on 18 January 2015
This is a fantastic book. The author is very knowledgable and gives very precise details of how to follow the coffee diet and makes which makes easy reading. I also like how she tells you where to get all the products from. This is one of the most interesting books on diet I have ever read and I have learnt so much. I haven't started it yet as only just finished book and need to get all the stuff. I thoroughly recommend this book as I have learnt so much from it. Can't wait to get started.
on 5 February 2014
I have bought several of Jennifer Jolan books and I have enjoyed them all and had had success with all. I was very curious about this new book of hers hence bought it and am still not finished hen end the rating of 4. However from what I have read so far, with all her research I am sure I am going to enjoy this diet the most because I am a person that doesn't eat much during the day and love to eat big during the evening I am hoping with the 3 weird ingredients this will help me to not over do it In the evenings. I have enjoyed Jennifer's books because of the scientific evidence she gives and I have always got great information and tips to enhance me health and help me with weight loss and maintenance. I would recommend all her books.
on 18 March 2015
Excellent book, with some real good advice for healthy living and losing weight .
This book would solve a lot of modern health problems , I liked the chapter on brain chemistry , you have to question why anyone would have to take any prescription meds when you could eat right and solve your own health problems.
Ian Fletcher