on 27 September 2017
I have several of these and they fastest charging cables I have used bar none. They do have have one real flaw though. This is that small microUSB connection is easily dislodged and can disconnect charging from most phones or power banks. The reason is that microUSB connection is 1 to 1 1/2mm shorter than usual so it doesn't snap securely into the devise. This is quite a let down when you return to your device to find it has stopped charging because the cable has been dislodged. This can easily be fixed if they make their new stock with a very slightly longer connection on the microUSB end after which I would give these 5 Stars and a 100% recommation. Charging is the fastest you will get with these cables just make sure that what they are connected to remains absolutely still until charging is complete.
on 10 April 2016
I have a few of these now both at home and work, and have been really impressed at how fast they charge compared to standard cables. I particularly like this cable in work, because it is a power only cable the computer does not recognise it as a device or try to install software, ideal for people whose IT department blocks or monitors external device connections. I bought two of these for the house purely because I had one I work and was fed up of the slow charge speed at home using the standard cable. If you do buy this you may want to hold onto your other cable in case you do need to copy files etc as you won't be able to with this.

I need thing I did notice having used this in various places around the house and on holiday is that I seem to get a far quicker charging time when plugging directly into a plug socket and not an extension cable but this is probably the case with charging generally.
on 29 December 2016
Works well. But doesn't support QuickCharge/Turbo Charge. I assume this is because Quckcharge needs to communicate with the charger and without the data wire in the cable it can't do this. Be nice if this was made clearer in the description. Otherwise its really nicely constructed, and charges well otherwise. I get the full 1A from this. Nice that the connectors are a bit deeper than normal. So works well when you have a thicker case on a phone etc.

Also have the green version which has the data wire and that works well for the quickCharger, I've got 2.5~2.6A with that. That will depend on the charger and the device you are charging and which version of QC the device supports.
on 6 February 2016
I purchased the PortaPow Specialised 200 cm 20AWG TPE Data Block Micro USB Cable for charging a variety of devices on my PC without it connecting over USB. This can in some cases improve charging speed however if the charger/system you use requires the ability to communicate to the device to increase the charging speed this cable could reduce charge speed but wouldn't cause any harm.
The big plus of this cable is the data block making it ideal if you need to charge you device at work via USB but not be detected by the machine protecting the companies machine from data leaks. It also protects you if the machine you plug into is not safe.

A big plus also for me with this cable is how flexible yet strong it is due to the TPE material they have used. I have been using it regularly for six months and had no problems with the micro USB plug wearing, it still works great!
on 26 August 2016
There are other reviews that go into detail about why a charge only cable will draw more power (eg. > 500mA) from an aftermarket charger than a charge and sync, and why portapow charge cables in particular, with data connections shorted out by resistors, are unusual in the 3rd party cable market in being able to present a true charge only profile to a charger.

Additionally this is a 20AWG cable, one of the thicker cables available, which allows more power to be transmitted along its length. Particularly important if you want a longer cable. The cable is the first 3rd party cable I have found that when connected allows a charge to build on my very power hungry Acer tablet whilst its being used, AND its a 10' cable!

Connections are solid, and it feels well made. Very happy with this purchase.
on 7 April 2018
Can't get enough of these. I'm a security-conscious fella by training, so as I visit clients I often end up handing out these cables to people who travel. As the two data pins are shorted, there can be no interaction between your phone and mystery USB chargers that you find at airports, hotels, etc.
It's all tin-foil hat stuff until you find that your phone's suddenly running slow, friends/colleagues tell you they've received suspicious messages apparently from you, etc.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 May 2015
These cables prevent data from being transmitted and they also carry a higher than normal charge. This has two main benefits. Firstly, you can safely charge a phone or tablet on any PC, without worrying about data loss or virus transmission. Secondly, the item you are charging will charge at a faster rate. Using my normal phone cable I get 0.54A of charge from USB 2.0 port, howerer with this cable I get 0.73A, an increase of 0.19A and a 35%~ish decrease in total charging time. The pack has two cables, one for the car and one for the rucksack! One end of the cable has a standard USB attachment for use with USB 2, USB 3 or USB wall plugs, and the the other end of the cable has a USB Micro attachment for Android phones, Blackberries or rechargeable battery packs.
on 11 September 2015
Not all USB cables are the same. Some only charge, while others can carry data; and some charging cables limit the current while others don't.

These cables charge, they don't carry data. This can be useful, you can use them plugged in to a laptop without triggering any unwanted drivers etc. They allow charging at full speed (high current) (of course only if the source can supply it). And they are very nicely made, and come in different lengths. PortaPow clearly understand what they are doing, and these cables are well worth the money, even over the zero cost of using any old cables lying around..

I confirmed by measurement that these cables could carry the higher current. I was interested to learn that other cables I had lying around could not, despite the claims of the suppliers.

Very definitely recommended.
on 18 August 2017
Wow. What a difference over a standard USB cable. Charging time for my phone cut from about 5-7 hours from a works laptop on a standard Samsung cable down to 1-2. Not only that, but I no longer get complaints from security about me plugging in external devices to secure laptops. Just brilliant.
on 3 September 2016
I was a bit skeptical at first, but after getting them I knew it was the best decision. Before ordering I did a little research on their length and found that it is true that the shorter the cable is the faster the charging power will be.

Changing speed for my LG G3 was from drained battery to 100% in 40 minutes, while listening to music and browsing social media. Normal charging time using standard charger was 1 hour 45 minutes+ , depending on what I was doing at the same time.

Build quality is really good, and the cables are easy to carry around and quick if you want some battery fast before you leave.
Would definitely buy again !