Customer reviews

on 28 February 2014
I have found Angela Nilsen's recipes in the "Good Food" magazine very well thought out and obviously more healthy. I have already done three recipes from this book and been very pleased with the results.
on 4 February 2014
This book is perfect if you need to learn how to cook healthier meals without compromising on taste. It's packed full of familiar favourites and the tips contained within are ingenious. I've been following the BBC Goodfood books and apps for years now and I'd always hoped they'd compile a healthier version recipe book based on this lovely lady's creations - definitely worth buying if you're watching your waistline but love your food :) I would recommend this to everyone I know without hesitation.
on 19 March 2014
Tried a couple of recipes so far and they have been very tasty. As I am following a cal controlled diet this book has been quite useful. Calories per servings are given but it would have been good to have been given the actual serving sizes particularly for the hummus , otherwise I have had to guess the serving size. Other than that it is worth buying.
on 8 April 2014
I've made three of the cakes and they are just as delicious as more calorific versions. Great to have it on my kindle as I don't have room for any more cook books. Good index organised by calorie content.
on 6 May 2014
Have made the Moussaka and the chocolate mousse - both very lovely dishes. Have already bought a copy for a friend who is calorie conscious. Use of herbs and spices deliver lovely flavours.
on 7 December 2015
All the recipes I have tried up to now have worked, are very tasty and balanced, even though they are lighter. The pastry recipes are delicious and you wouldn't think they are lighter. This book has made me aware of fat and sugar content which has helped me to prepare and eat meals in a conscious way. I will use this book a lot for all the good tips.
on 5 August 2014
This is a really lovely cook book, I've only made the flap jacks and the hummus, but the recipes were easy to follow and the end product was lovely. I didn't realise that the author wrote the bbc good food healthy version recipes, so I have actually made the brownies and the chicken pie before, again, they were both easy to follow and delicious.
VINE VOICEon 13 October 2014
Excellent book! Very tempting recipes and I like the approach to eating sensibly rather than going on a diet. Small changes do add up and there are some creative and inspiring 'tweaks' to ordinariy recipes here that I shall very much look forward to trying.
on 14 November 2016
Brilliant. I have made two of Angela's recipes so far and they are superb. You would not know they are reduced calories. I would recommend this to anyone who loves baking but is afraid to get fatter whilst enjoying home baking/cooking.
on 27 March 2014
Bought this book because my husband is a diabetic now and I love cooking. Very pleased with all the recipes everyone I tried has turned out perfectly. I would certainly recommended this book. Second favourite to my Mary Berry.