on 10 January 2014
I read this book in a single evening. Once I had started I found I couldn't stop - it was essentially like reading a personal memoire. The short chapters, many like daily diary entries, kept up the pace, making it easy to read and actually quite compelling because I really did want to find out what happened next.

Diane deals with a number of quite personal situations throughout the book, which is partly what makes it engaging, nevertheless I did feel that quite a lot was still left unsaid and I wanted more - more exploration of her feelings, a longer book. But then, if a book leaves you wanting more, well, that's hardly a bad thing now is it?

I really hope that this is the first of several books and recommend it to anyone who is interested in their own journey of self discovery. You might just find it helps you plant a few dream seeds of your own !
on 16 December 2013
I loved this book so much I read it within 48 hours - the first time I have read a book so quickly since my son was born 2 years ago. It is inspiring and exciting, glamorous yet gritty, tragic and funny, it features Gabrielle Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld, and has a cliffhanger at the end which makes you desperate to find out what happens next! Oh and it has some cake recipes thrown in for good measure.

It has also made me realise it's been far too long since I last watched Amelie or visited Paris. I want to read the book again as while on one level it's a great story and and easy read, on another level there are so many life lessons packed in there that I'm sure I can't have taken it all in first time around.

Everyone should read this book, especially those who like their inspiration served British style, warts and all.
on 14 December 2013
I read this book cover to cover (ok, metaphorically as it's a kindle); what I loved about it was it's not so much about "how to get to your dream life", but about what happens once you get there, and what to do when it's tome to move on from that dream. A truly inspiring, heartwarming memoir, definitely recommended as a reminder that you dreams too, can come true...
on 13 December 2013
Wonderfully refreshing and honest book about overcoming adversity and being brave enough to follow your dreams wherever they make take you...
on 15 December 2013
A beautifully written, inspiring and honest memoir on listening to yourself in order to find your own happiness. Doesn't simplify the journey but Diane makes it clear the end result is worth it. <3
on 5 February 2014
If you are looking for a prescription, a list of rules or a ten step programme for achieving your ideal life then look elsewhere! This book tells it like it is: there is no easy way to find fulfillment and no 'one size fits all' definition of what life will look like at the end of your journey.

Instead, 'Dream Seed Magic' explores what happened when one woman dared to follow her own dreams, listen to her own voice and take her chances when they arose - however outlandish that seemed to those around her.

Written in bite-sized chapters, each headed with a thought-provoking quotation, this is a searingly honest and compulsively-readable account of the difficulties that we can face in life and the doubts we need to overcome if we are to live it to the full.

The writing is really beautiful, with a strong sense of place, and I'm hoping that this is the first in a series of adventures, if only so I can find out what happened next!
on 16 December 2013
What an amazing way with words this lady has, which really brings her whole journey, experience & message to life. I bought the book & thought I'd read a chapter before getting on with some work .... but .... I ended up not being able to put it down & continued to read it all in one go and finished it around 1.30am (on a school night!).

It was fantastic as it wasn't as 'how-to' book but rather through the story, you were able to relate to the key themes & messages - which are all about dreaming, acting up on that & then dreaming your next dream & then acting upon that (& continuing that successful strategy!).

There was so much honesty & moments of revelation throughout the journey.

It left me wondering what exciting things the author will be doing in her next chapters.

Thanks for sharing your story with us all.
on 15 December 2013
I loved this book and read it quickly - so I may go back and read it again to really soak it all in. It's written beautifully and Diane takes you through her journey in a meandering unrushed way. She illustrates well the importance of listening to your inner voice and how this really shows itself through external events. A thoroughly engaging and engrossing read.
on 26 May 2015
It read like a cleverly creative novel, with all the twists and turns of the hero’s journey; beautifully sole reaching and wholesome. I bought this as I have ‘virtually’ known Diane for a couple of years and wanted to get to know her better. Her story touched me in places I did not expect and I found myself walking by her side through the streets and over the bridges of Paris, not a place I have been to ‘yet’. I had intended to put it to one side while I study, but once I let myself peek inside I could not stop. My one big fear is that it will change my life, which at the moment is quite calm and safe, thank you very much. However, like all things, we continue to grow and change. ‘If things don’t change, they will stay the same’ (Unknown).
Looking forward to her next book.
on 23 May 2015
I'm not patient to complete many books, have a lots of guilt looking at my unfinished books. But this book wasn't one of them. I couldn't put down till the end. 2am still wide awake reading and breathing every moment of her emotional journey. Such a beautifully illustration, detailed imagination, so seductive!!! Enhanced human experience, simply beautiful and brutally honest journey, took me to places I wanted to. In only few hours I've related to you more than anyone in my life. You're so brave & authentic! I love the magic seed you've been creating through this book. Certainly it didn't miss my breath and my imagination. I loved every part of the story you've beautifully illustrated by words. I'm happy you went to Paris, I'm happy you had strengths to lead this journey.