on 9 December 2017
A thousand thumbs up!
My son is 7, moving to grade 3 in January and is a very good reader for his age. I want him to keep reading for fun so I purchase a good variety of books for him. It usually takes him a week or two to get through a 'home-read' because of his reading homework, but he read this book over a weekend. He completely followed the story and enjoyed the illustrations and the characters. I want to buy more in the series.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 January 2014
Another in the children's (and many adults) favourite series of Captain Underpants highly amusing adventures in which `wedgie power' is used to overcome a veritable phalanx of comical super villains with the help of a motley and constantly changing cast of unlikely super heroes.

And why do kids absolutely love these books beyond most others? `Simple' as that annoying tv advert meerkat says repeatedly to the enrichment of the owners of an internet comparison site, because the jocularity is very basic majoring on `fart' humour, irreverent, fast moving, and one whole lot of fun.....just about everything that most kids lap up. Little wonder that killjoy groups such as The American Library Association features The Captain Underpants books very high up in their lists of books needed to be banned......goodness me we can't be having children actually reading books, and enjoying the experience - its better for them to continue watching television and computer screens and not read at all! Instead of castigating and poo-pooing (if you excuse the expression) the Captain and his knockabout friends and foes, plaudits by the bucket full should be showered over this series of books.

In this episode our valiant verging on flatulent hero, Captain Underpants returns to battle the evil Captain Blunderpants, with the help of two new superheroes, Great Granny Girdle and Boxer Boy resulting in yet another hilarious romp.

Highly recommended.
on 26 June 2017
I wanted to read one of these books before taking my 5 year old to the movie. I also want to get him into chapter books, so this was perfect! He was enthralled with every twist and turn of the story! We want to read another Dav Pilkey book very soon!
on 15 May 2018
I wanted to read one of these books before taking my 5 year old grandson to see the movie.
I also want to get him into chapter books, so this was perfect!
He was so thrilled with every twist and turn of the story!
We want to read another Dav Pilkey book very soon! me too.
on 13 October 2017
The whole Captain Underpants series is a huge hit in our house. Would recommend if you are looking for something to encourage a young reader to read more!
on 21 December 2017
Got to love Captain Underpants. The books get better and better as you go through the series. Clever, inventive and very funny.
on 11 December 2017
My son is a big fan of these books. Glad to find on Amazon.
on 5 February 2018
Great book very good value
on 3 February 2018
My grandson loved it
on 20 May 2016
My son LOVES these books. Tey are great fun but I really object to authors using bad spelling...what is the point, just confuses kids!