on 31 December 2013
As of now as the controls are disgraceful! The jumps are disasterous and it's too hard to do anything.

I had this game on ps3 and it is great, but unless the controls get fixed stay well clear. Glad I didn't pay for it!
on 30 December 2013
I have played this game on PS3 and it is amazing. However, I downloaded this and when I try and install it (Nexus 7 (2013), so plenty of ram & processor power) it reboots the tablet.

Shame, as I was looking forward to completing this with the characters I hadn't tried on the Playstation.

If you can get this working, this is an excellent game with some laugh out loud moments.

I will retry in a few weeks, in the hope that it has been updated.
on 12 July 2015
I see a lot of people complaining that is near unplayable on mobile but I have to disagree... Fair enough, the controls take a bit of getting used to but I pretty much had the hang of it after the gift shop level (level one). Aside from that I loved the game. It's got high replay value considering that each character has its own levels and collectibles, and it delivers on the witty and dark but comical narrative that I'd come to expect with the monkey island games as their predecessor. Definitely worth the money!
on 30 December 2013
I got this a while ago for free on PS3 (via PS+) and now I'm downloading it for free on my phone thanks to Amazon.

It's a great little game with humorous commentary and variety between the many different characters. Well-presented as you'd expect from Double Fine.

It can get pretty repetitive when going for completion of every character as many of the same puzzles are thrust upon you. It's the individual areas that shine.

Highly recommended, even if you only play through once. You'll probably want to see the unique areas of the remaining characters though!
on 3 January 2014
Install file is 1.5 GB, takes ages to download then fails to install, if you retry to download it saves a new file, you need to manually delete installation files for Amazon appstore (which also needs to be running in the background or its app won't work) Loved this game on PS3. Very disappointed.
on 20 February 2015
This game is simply brilliant when played with a gamepad like with the FireTV. Doesn't have the same depth and gameplay as Monkey Island, but still gave me 7-8 hours of gameplay. Brilliant value for money.

You'll get stuck several times, and sometimes you might need to start over because you forgot to keep hold of an item.

My only issue with this game is that the are 7 characters which means you have to play 2 twice if you want to experience the whole game, and that large sections of the game remain the same each time you play.
on 30 December 2013
In its current state this game is border unplayable. It downloads and installs fine on my Nexus 5, graphics and sound are okay, but the controls are awful, very unresponsive.

To pause the game I had to try about 15 times, also one of my characters just got stuck at the very opening bit and couldn't move anywhere, just running on the spot.The characters that did move also suffered from very poor control issues, definitely not designed for a touchscreen. This needs some major fixes
on 13 February 2014
This game is great. I love that the story changes depending on what players you select at the beginning. I got through most of the game without any issues, yes the controls are a bit clumsy, but its still enjoyable. That was until I got to the island where the stranded pirate is. I attempted to play this part of the game on 8 occasions and the game froze everytime. The problem is, I didnt freeze in the same place, so I cant even figure out what I was doing when it froze. Please get it sorted and I will definitely be giving you a solid 5 stars....until then, two stars is all I can give.
on 4 January 2014
Took forever to dl on my Samsung galaxy s3 and install. When trying to open game it freezes and goes dark at the very beginning where the old man starts talking! I'm rating 1 star for that reason
on 30 December 2013
I've better things to do at my age than waiting for this app to crash!
Amazons lack of clear advice confuses some people.A download appn
video would help?