Top positive review
48 people found this helpful
Time to get out the tupperware!
on 3 February 2014
This is a very well written and researched book. It covers the often overlooked meal that is lunchtime. It sets out to try and re-invigorate the lunchtime menu throughout all workplaces. It is a delightful book to read with some humorous quiffs and some clever tips and tricks to both improve and inspire your lunch while saving your a few bob while you're at it.
The book itself is broken down into the following chapters:
1. Wholesome and healthy
2. Indulgent and decadent
3. When you are chained to your desk
4. Foraging: the corner of the cupboard and the back of the fridge
5. Cooking the night before
6. Giving leftovers a new lease of life
7. Bribing colleagues with sweet treats
It also helps with the shopping list. It lays out a menu for the week and then gives you the shopping list you would need to make those recipes in that week. These include:
4. When Winter Sustenance is Needed
5. Thrifty Lunches for the Week before Pay Day
6. The Minimum of Fuss
7. Mediterranean Style
8. Embracing Al Fresco Lunching
I cannot recommend this book highly enough for the person who is tired of the same old ham and cheese sandwich day in day out or for those who would normally just pop out to a shop and buy something soggy and uninteresting. You will never go back, I promise you.