Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.99

on 24 June 2017
A fairly good range of lunch solutions, but not totally impressed. Am keeping the book just because of the banana bread recipe for the kids lunch box
on 3 February 2014
This is a very well written and researched book. It covers the often overlooked meal that is lunchtime. It sets out to try and re-invigorate the lunchtime menu throughout all workplaces. It is a delightful book to read with some humorous quiffs and some clever tips and tricks to both improve and inspire your lunch while saving your a few bob while you're at it.

The book itself is broken down into the following chapters:
1. Wholesome and healthy
2. Indulgent and decadent
3. When you are chained to your desk
4. Foraging: the corner of the cupboard and the back of the fridge
5. Cooking the night before
6. Giving leftovers a new lease of life
7. Bribing colleagues with sweet treats

It also helps with the shopping list. It lays out a menu for the week and then gives you the shopping list you would need to make those recipes in that week. These include:

1. Vegetarian
2. Exotic
3. Healthy
4. When Winter Sustenance is Needed
5. Thrifty Lunches for the Week before Pay Day
6. The Minimum of Fuss
7. Mediterranean Style
8. Embracing Al Fresco Lunching

I cannot recommend this book highly enough for the person who is tired of the same old ham and cheese sandwich day in day out or for those who would normally just pop out to a shop and buy something soggy and uninteresting. You will never go back, I promise you.
on 17 July 2017
Excellent! If you want to get out of the boring sandwich rut...buy this book! Oh and the salted caramel brownies are sublime.
on 22 March 2014
As a full time student also trying to hold down a part time job, I never have time to eat lunch at home and can't afford to eat out every day. Had completely lost inspiration and was eating cold pasta out of a Tupperware every day till I found this book. Full of great, cheap, healthy recipes and tips on how to make, pack and eat them. Best thing I've bought in a while.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 29 February 2016
I brought this for myself. Thinking about what to take for lunch can become something of a drag, even become a bit routine. This book shakes up your thinking as to what you can take, how you can take it, and offers a huge variety of options for everybody in every circumstance of lunch-requirements.

What I really like about the book is that it shows you how you can incorporate the preparation of your lunch into your daily routine without it being a bind; making soup and freezing some for later lunches; preparing vegetables or other ingredients while you’re making dinner the previous night, and then what you need to do the next morning; how you can pre-prepare to a cerain extent and then what you need to do at lunchtime to complete your luncheon experience. The ideas and recipes range from really simple to rather exotic, but they’re all guaranteed to raise lunch envy amongst your colleagues and actually make you look forward to getting up in the morning and going to work (no, not really, I didn’t even convince myself there). But it can certainly make you look forward to lunchtime anyway.

There’s a fair bit of fun presented in the book, too – I laughed at the Enid Blyton lunch experience; I remember well the wonderful sounding packed lunches in the Famous Five and Secret Seven books and how I thought even as a child I would enjoy them thoroughly; now I can make a modern version of an Enid Blyton packed lunch for myself – lashings of ginger beer all round. Definitely recommended – would make a great gift for a starting, or returning person to the workplace, or just to brighten someone’s day.
on 3 September 2016
Hands down the worst recipe book I've ever bought. Most of the 'recipes' cannot even be called a recipe! Such 'recipes' include how to make a cheese and tomato sandwich, a blt and an egg with asparagus! There are some nice soup and cous cous recipes but nothing revolutionary. If you are hoping for ideas away from soup, sandwiches and pasta salad, don't buy this book. Complete waste of my time and money! :(
on 18 March 2017
Worth the price (almost) for the humus and salami sandwich, a total staple of my working week these days. Nice book, nice ideas, nice, nice, nice.

on 31 March 2017
This book is great! I've made 6 of these recipes so far and they're all lovely. My husband works 12hr shifts and was sick of the boring sandwiches. These recipes are easy to make.
I shall steadily work through the rest of the recipes . Very pleased I purchased this.