on 20 January 2014
The bbok has the wrong name.
It should be called Review of The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.

I was looking for the paperback version of The Goldfinch. Didn't know it wasn't out yet, and mistakenly bought this paperback which looked like it was that book, but had Review tucked away at the end of the title.

It read like it was people making up things to say about the book.
It was not helpdul.

I have given it away to the Oxfam 2nd hand bookshop. Maybe someone else will apprciate it, but not any9one at my book group where I read out extracts from it.
on 20 January 2014
Who wants to pay £4 just to read a review of the book ?

Rip off and costs almost as much as the real book.
Ordered this by mistake , having read it cannot understand why anyone would bother , can't see the point , just read the book for yourself !!!!! Expert Book Reviews indeed !!!!
on 16 April 2014
I bought this because my book group are reading the Goldfinch. It is totally anonymous so we don't know whose opinions these are but they even get one of the character's names wrong!
on 27 April 2014
bought this as was not made clear that it wasn't the paperback, even so it was a con - content not worth the postage to return it.
on 14 May 2014
Very poor - gives no evidence that the self-styled 'expert reviewer' even finished the book ... don't waste your money
on 1 June 2014
So intriguing. From a simple action taken by a young boy we see his life unfold as a lie and his character form along twisted lines until he finds an understanding of himself and life. Utterly fascinating and thought provoking.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 March 2014
I thought I was purchasing the whole book...not a review!...My fault but I think it wasn't made clear.....so very disapointed...I want to read the book not a review.....
on 14 April 2014
I wanted a BOOK not a review. i `ve wasted over £4 what`s more I sent a £15 gift token and I don` t think I`ve been credited with it.
on 14 February 2014
Not as comprehensive as Id hoped---I'm not sure that I shall purchase the book, but it arrived in good condition and i good time.