on 13 October 2013
A really worthwhile read - lots of tips and really does shine the light on how to achieve a more peaceful life. Like most self help books though - only of any use if you are prepared to put the tips into use - which I will certainly be doing.
on 27 June 2015
If you're into mindlessness rather than mindfulness this is the book for you. A mish mash of CBT, CAT, motivational interviewing and half a dozen other therapeutic interventions badly represented and ill described under the general heading of mindfulness, all strung together with quotations from anyone who ever said anything that fits with the author's text. Don't waste your money on this insult to psychology.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2014
Well set out. The concept of mindfulness is clearly explained with examples and exercises for the reader to try. Although I haven't finished the book yet. I would recommend it. It is easy to understand and therefore beneficial.
on 22 September 2013
Wonderfully accessible and perfectly practical.
A very easy and informative read with plenty of low effort tools to implement, which can apply to everyone.
A must read for all and great reference/resource for professionals in supporting others!
on 11 August 2014
This is more of a standard self help book rather than a book about mindfulness. Although the advice is not bad the author seems to have titled this mindfulness as it is popular at the moment. There are much better books on mindfulness out there.
on 17 September 2014
I guess we have all tried books like these before and forgot the contents as soon as it's finished,But this book isn't like that. It has a strong main theme and has lots of useful strategies for daily life.It is easy to follow but has enough depth to explore the issues.I recommend this book to anyone who wants a short ,practical guide to Mindfulness or indeed anyone who wants a bit of support in there daily life.
on 31 July 2014
I loved this book; it contains great advice and although I devoured it in almost one sitting, it's the kind of book you could easily dip in and out of.
This book is written clearly and in an easy to read and follow format.
on 13 September 2015
As someone who finds it hard to concentrate on anything for very long (reading, conversations, filling in forms etc) I found this book surprisingly easy to read and have already increased my mindfulness in many ways. It has helped my concentration, my powers of observation and given me an opportunity to create more calm in my every day life. A great introduction to mindfulness without being too heavy. Super for confidence building too.
on 27 April 2014
Really well written, clear and easy to understand. I'm still reading and I'm sure I will be able to practice once I'm more informed. Really fast postage from a great seller thanks.
on 5 September 2014
Just over half way through the ebook. Very interesting reading ..... gives you something to think about.
Also gave me a feeling of calm.