Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 30 March 2014
For my DrWho Collection it was cool
on 3 March 2014
This one is a great story, with Pat T and his companions on fine form. Animation on this one is one of the best from the DVD series to date. Well worth buying.
on 24 August 2014
A must watch for any dr who fan.
on 28 February 2014
I can't believe I've been able to buy and watch this classic doctor who. I'm a doctor who so it's one more for my collection
on 21 January 2014
It was with genuine excitement that I wached this Doctor Who! Not because it was Patrick Troughton (although I must admit, he does grow on you) or that it's the Cybermen back again for their second outing. It was because I never really expected that serials with missing episodes would ever be released for fans to treasure. I'm no youngster and have collected these DVD's for many years so to see titles released that you never thought you'd own is a great treat!
The animation on this release is perhaps the most satisfying of all the releases so far, The Ice Warriors taking up the 'worst' spot without any problem. It reminded me of the 60's Captain Pugwash.
With 'Underwater Menace' and 'Web of Fear' due later this year, I fear these may be the final releases from the 'Classic' era. Perhaps 'The Crusade' may appear! If the standard of animation was as good as in 'Moonbase' I would be more than happy to own titles with more than just two animated episodes or even an entire adventure, if that was the only way to complete the collection. Well done BBC, why not give it serious consideration!!
on 17 June 2015
very good indeed
on 16 February 2014
This is a 4 part story where two episodes are *apparently* lost. They have been replaced by animated episodes.
The animation is better than recent ones and almost,IMHO, as good as "Invasion!.
Story is a typical base under siege and some of the plotting is a bit silly, however Troughton lifts it to a high level.
Picture wise it is very good considering it's age.
Recommended.
on 17 February 2014
GOOD TO SEE THE OLDER ONES NOW GETTING SOME ATTENTION I LIKE THE ANIMATION IDEA BUT THINK THAT IT COULD BE DONE A BIT BETTER AS ITS STILL CHILD LIKE,IF YOU LOOK AT SOME ANIMATION TODAY YOU CAN SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO, I SUPPOSE BUDGET HAS SOMTHING TO DO WITH IT, BUT STIL GOOD TO SEE ON DVD
on 2 June 2015