Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 15 September 2015
If you are a supporter of Richard III you will love the lyrics on this album. If you enjoy mediaeval music with a modern twist you will love the music too! My husband said he thought the style reminded him of Rick Wakeman and I must say I can see his point. However, The Legendary Ten Seconds have their own unique style which is a perfect combination of modern electronic folk and a mediaeval twist. The songs mean something and, for a Ricardian, they are poignant and moving as well. I have a few favourites which are: York City Fayre, Lord Anthony Woodville (never thought I'd say that!), Fanfare for the King and The King in the Car Park. The Battle of Barnet Song is a rather amusing song about Yorkist soldiers turning up too late and too drunk to fight. It's very original and the tunes are catchy.
on 17 November 2015
A Special Gem
When I first read about this album I was a little skeptical and not quite sure what to expect. What would the sound and the instrumentation be like, would it be all English or perhaps Latin lyrics? Well, the lyrics are all English, the instruments are diverse and so is the sound and rhythm. The songs are an excellent mix of slow, medium and fast pace, some instrumental only, but all of the songs have a story to tell of Richard the 3rd - his life, a song of the astonishing time when he was found and one about the R III Society - The Fellowship of the Whyte Boare. You have serious songs like "Mystery of The Princes" (great beat) and the almost haunting, but really beautiful song "Loyalty Binds Me" - a song that really grips me, followed by a fast paced almost rocking piece called "Lord Anthony". There are also fun songs like "The Battle Of Barnet Song" - it's a fun "drinking song" and I always get a good chuckle hearing it.
There are a number of songs on this album that have become my favourites rather quickly. A great album that you won't regret making part of your collection.
on 20 December 2013
If you like good folksy music with a modern slant, excellent production, originality and King Richard III, here's where to find all four. As a Ricardian, I wondered what this could possibly be like, but the word is SUPERB. I have played the whole thing a number of times already, even though I only bought it this morning and it's not yet even 1 p.m.

I must also congratulate whoever created the excellent cover art.

Definitely a good buy that conjures the period and charisma of Richard III, and I have no hesitation at all in recommending it. Enjoy!
on 19 February 2014
What an unusual and innovative way not only to introduce people through music to the era but also support a good cause in the process. ( Scoliosis ) Enjoyable music tracks and educational . Congratulations on the variety of compilation.
on 23 December 2013
I heard about the album through my local branch of the Richard III Society. Since I downloaded it I have played it over and over again (I hope my dog likes it!). I have it on my computer and on a flash drive in my car. I like the sentiments; Richard needs a lot of good things said about him; and I think it is a very clever mix of folk rock and the mediaeval tones of Richard's time. It also brings home the uncertainties of life at this time in history; how quickly death and/or disaster could strike.
Go out and buy it!
on 29 June 2014
Enjoy music and learn history at the same time! Presumably most people who buy this album already have an interest in Richard III, but that isn’t a pre-requisite; there’s plenty of good music to enjoy regardless of the lyrical content. However the style and feel of the music is so fitting, it transports you back to the medieval period, that it will undoubtedly appeal to those with an affinity for the period.

Described as folk/rock, it is certainly a mix of styles based around guitars as lead instrument and a solid rhythm section, along with a wide selection of other instruments and sounds. Certain songs can stand alone, like the excellent opening track York City Fayre, and the stirring instrumental Tudor Danse with its rich tapestry of sounds. Other songs chart the evolving story of Richard.

This album is worth a five star rating for its effort and originality, and the recording and production are also excellent. You don’t need to be a student of history to enjoy this, but if not it will have you reaching for the history books to learn more about the life and times.
on 3 April 2014
The music on this album by The Legendary Ten Seconds is hauntingly beautiful. I belong to the Richard III Society, but I would recommend this DVD to anyone with an interest in Medieval music. I enjoy listening to the life of Richard III set in song. It is an enjoyable way to feel the atmosphere of 15th century England! I listen to this DVD in bed to fall asleep to and it transports me to Richard III's world using music and my imagination. I find it very comforting! I highly recommend the DVD!!!
on 2 April 2015
I bought this and the sister album Tant le Desiree after reading a review in the Ricardian Bulletin - magazine of the Richard III Society and I've not been disappointed. The idea of telling the story , or part of the story, of the Wars of the Roses and Richard III through folk rock is inspirational. I like my music with a heavy bass and most of the tracks deliver. Having said that, I did enjoy the gentler pieces too. Well done.
on 14 December 2013
The first concept album that i've listened to in a long time. And I love it more and more with each play. Brilliant to hear the sounds of the Mellotrons yet again creating a fantastic atmospheric album in the folk rock tradition. Long Live Good King Richard!!!
on 5 May 2015
Very enjoyable album with some nice songs which tell the story of Richard from boyhood through to his death at Bosworth. Something totally different to listen to either at home or in the car. Probably not everyones taste but I enjoyed it.