Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 28 August 2014
First time l have read any of Monica McCarty books and l was not disappointed, what a great read.Set in 1311, James Douglas must honor his father and regain what was lost.He fights to restore his familys honour even when he dishonours his long time sweetheart, nothing will stand in his way.This book had book had me clued from the start, it had passion and true to the highland traditions and based on fact.Loved this book and l will be reading more.Couldnt put it down.
on 22 May 2014
I loved Monica's earlier works but haven't read any for a while. I thought I'd dip my toes in again with this novella. It was a great read - a fairly simple plot given its length, but nonetheless had wonderful characters, with a feisty and strong heroine and a hero who finally finds his way.

Definitely worth a read for fans of her books. If this is your first, I'd recommend starting with one of her trilogies instead as they better showcase her skills ( and so much more fun too!)
on 12 April 2014
Was a little sceptical of this series at first because I thought a series of historical romance this long was likely to be just a repetitive recycling of material and characters but decided to give it a go.

I was wrong. I fell in love with book 1 and my love for these highlanders continued to grow throughout the series. Really really enjoyed this whole series and I would recommend to anyone. Cannot wait for the next one to be published.
on 6 September 2014
this was the first book I have read by this author and I must admit I won't be reading any more although the book was ok for a free download I love reading highlander romance especially when you have the Scottish dialect unlike this book which is in English all the way through kind of makes you forget your in the highlands even though the heroin in this book is very well written the hero was a mager let down I went from disliking him one minute then feeling really sorry for him not the hot sexy sensitive but also manly hero you usually read but like I said its ok for a free download
on 14 January 2014
Love books from this author. I suppose she wanted to come up with something before we wait for her new release from Highland Guard series.
Her books are so good because of the complexity of the plot and stories within it. As this was a novella there was not much space for complexity though.
Still loved it and read it in one breath. I missed mentions of the other guys from Highland guard.
on 26 January 2014
Love this author too short for me but enjoyable can't wait for book eight in feb its a good short story
on 30 August 2015
I really liked the interaction between the main characters in this story. I did think that some aspects of the story were too modern and I know that Elizabeth didn't become Beth until the Victorian times. Until then it was Bess. But the love between James and Joanna was very well written and I felt their pain. And that's what a romance should do to the reader.
on 26 December 2013
I usually like reading longer books but this one, although shorter, proved an excellent read, will be reading more of Monica McCarty in the future.
on 22 February 2015
Love the highland guard series. It's best to read this one before the raider, which I didn't do. Can't wait until the striker.
on 1 March 2015
Short and sweet it's a nice story. Easy to read and although not believable it's nice to be carried away in the fantasy of it.