Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

on 21 September 2014
Official gorilla tripods cost a fortune compared with this little one, but for the price it's great. I originally purchased it for setting up my GoPro at the side of the road during the Tour de France Grand Départ in Yorkshire where it done a fine job.

The legs are infinitely adjustable due to their pivot-motion joints on each ball, which in turn makes it possible to stand it in awkward places/uneven surfaces. It is also ideal for wrapping around relatively thing objects such as poles etc. The feet and pivots contain small amounts of grippy rubber which help keep the tripod on place. As I haven't has extensive use out of it, I can't comment on how great this grip is, but from my few uses it hasn't let me down.

Finally, the tripod comes with the detachable GoPro mount which screws onto the tripod using a traditional tripod thread. I wouldn't recommend you use this for anything more substantial than a GoPro or a small point-and-shoot camera as it probably wouldn't hold the weight very well.

All round a great little tripod which serves its purpose and saves a few pounds in the wallet compared to the fancier alternatives.
on 1 May 2014
I bought the tripod as I was looking to do some time-lapse filming with my GoPro. It arrived on time and I am impressed with how sturdy it is. Many of the GoPro accessories are really expensive for what they are so at £6.95 I was a little nervous about ordering this, but it is very stable and flexible as it can easily adapt to uneven surfaces or be wrapped around a pole or maybe small tree. It also comes with a bracket which fits directly onto the GoPro, which not all accessories have. Would highly recommend.
on 22 April 2015
Originally thought this was a great product, but then some of the joints became lose and started popping out, this wasn't too bad, then one of the legs completely snapped off making it unusable. Amazon seem good though and it was no problem to return
review image
I have been using various sizes of "octopus tripods" over the past years, and have found them very adaptable and useful. Although this is not the same brand as my others, it works on the same principles, and is perfectly designed and sized for my GoPro Hero3+.

As with all octopuses, it is easy to level the camera on uneven surfaces, and the legs can also be wrapped around poles, railings, handles... It holds the GoPro very securely - in fact I often use it as a mini pole for hand-held shooting.

One or two reviews have stated that with a little force the leg segments can become detached. That's a feature of this sort of tripod, and they easily snap back in place.
on 15 April 2014
Bought it to use solely with my gopro so I had a tripod that was quick and easy to use.

Fits the bill perfectly and for the cheap price is perfect. It is for lightweight cameras though so I would not want to use this with anything heavier. If i was going too I would buy a more premium product but this should certainly cope well with the Gopro and doesnt feel like it will break anytime soon.
on 20 June 2015
I used this my GoPro Hero 4 Silver. It's the best accessory I've got for it. I can get a level shot on almost anything.

The only thing that would improve it wide be some form of spirit level, but I haven't seen an alternative with that feature so your not missing out.
on 19 July 2014
Love this little item. I haven`t quite used it fully yet, but it sticks anywhere and does exactly as advertised. Great little item to help you get the right shot.

Update 20th June 2016:
I realise I have had the item for quite some time, nevertheless I feel I should make new buyers aware that although the product is cheap and will carry a GoPro, it will quickly lose its firmness in the top ball that holds the camera in position, which unfortunately renders the product useless. I have just upgraded to a Joby instead and will write a review when I have received it and tested it out.
on 7 June 2015
It's ok but it's not stable. If you are planning on holding your camera and then placing it into a location whilst narrating, you're going to find that there's a horrendous thumping noise on your playback. That's the wobbling...
Very annoying and as this is pretty much how our GoPro is used, this tripod isn't ideal.
If located into a position where there is definitely no movement and the GoPro is staying put, it's good but it's lack of camera stability isn't right for the audio therefore it has to have a three star 'it's ok' review.
on 28 May 2015
The rubber creating friction underneath the screw comes off instantaneously as I attach my gopro on the top. With this lack of friction it made my gopro spun like a top when attached and I will have to constantly retighten it in every few seconds if I am carrying it around or else my gopro will be spun out of its screw landing at places that I do not want it to be. This friction issue connecting the gopro and the stem below is a very poor quality built.
on 19 May 2016
This is good put it cant hold heavy things. if you were to put a gopro or a phone on this(with the correct adapter), it would be fine. But anthing heavier than a standard i phone would simply be to much for it to handle. p.s this tripod does not come with any adapters so you would need to buy an adapter for it.