on 24 July 2014
This is a very readable book and normally I would have given it 4 stars. However, I am a cancer sufferer and was appalled that at least 4 people in this book and maybe it was 5 all had cancer and everyone died. I am very much against books or programmes that need a serious illness to make their point but cancer is often not fatal now and there are other illnesses that the author could have used. Cancer is a most horrible disease and when I immerse myself in a book I want to retreat from that sort of reality. I have also read her first book and there were a couple of cancer sufferers in that but this second book is totally over the top. I would advise anyone who has cancer to avoid this.
One person found this helpful
on 22 February 2014
20 years after his first death row case, Defalco's past comes back to haunt him. A drunken remark sparks the downfall and the repercussions are huge in both his personal and private life.
I have never been near a courtroom but I do love a courtroom thriller and especially one that twists and turns as this one does. The main character Defalco is easy to empathise with and you can feel his fear and frustrations as he realises that somebody is out to destroy him and he has no idea who or why.
I would have given it 5 stars except I did find some of the US legalese confused me, just small things like what an Attorney General is. As the relationships were important at certain points, I did feel I missed some of the intricacies. However, the rest of the time, it was a very good read and I would recommend it :)
on 22 March 2014
This was an ok read but not a page turner. I read the first one and only bought this one because it was free.
on 21 December 2014
i was surprised to find this book so enjoyable even though i love legal thrillers. i hadn't heard of p.a. moore and chose it from an Amazon suggestion list.
on 17 February 2015
Good read
on 17 June 2014
Once you start the story unwraps gently then it becomes a "cannot put it down" with impossible obstacles, enjoy it.