on 4 June 2014
This is a snapshot of how great a songwriter Beth is with some great contributions from her friends and collaborators. Some of the finest songs ever written in Nashville.
on 23 April 2015
Not much to say about this. I took a chance on an artist who, to my uneducated ears, is not great so I was not too disappointed.
Three stars is just about right.
on 20 February 2014
Any one who likes great songs with a superb singer can't go wrong with this album. Can't wait for the proposed box set.
on 23 February 2014
Classic BNC with a twist This album showcases her songwriting talent to the full . Good track follows good track .
on 14 March 2015
Very good Five minutes is especially good, this could be due to being married for a long time.
on 18 February 2015
Not quite as good as i thought Prayer is the favorite on that cd but it will grow,on me in time
on 10 April 2014
This was a present for my wife which arrived the next day after ordering online from Amazon.
We are a little bit old fashioned ( in our 70s now.!! ) & so still like to handle our music CDs on much the same way as reading our books with the actual book in hand. It is still a nice feeling to hold a new book.
As for this CD it proved to be a very good choice which we both enjoy.
The only reason for my 4 star rating was that as it featured duets for most of the tracks thus diluting Beth's truly gorgeous voice.Other listeners might really like that aspect so could give it 5 stars.
on 13 July 2014
Another excellent product. I would use the seller again.
on 20 March 2016
As good as expected from this brilliant singer
on 9 February 2014
I had been waiting for a new release from BNC for what seems like years. The album's title is I think rather clever. This is basically a retrospective look at some rather good songs, which had been previously written for and recorded by some very talented singers. Included are the likes of Alabama, Don Williams, Faith Hill,Willie Nelson, Tanya Tucker, Bonnie Raitt, Mindy McCready, Lorrie Morgan and Mary Chapin Carpenter. .Recording songs already recorded by others, leads to the production of 'cover' versions. However, as she wrote the songs herself , perhaps they could be said to have been 'uncovered'. With such talent reciording your songs, and other great artists singing vocals on the album, I think it would be very difficult to leave her out of the list of top female singer songwriters of the last few years. My favourite BNC album is still Sand and Water though. If you haven't heard it, I think you have nissed something quite special.

Beth has had some hard times and I wish her, and her family, all the happiness in the future.

Many thanks for the hours of pleasure you have given me, Beth. In the words of Nanci Griffith, 'Thank you Kindly'.

Steve