Out Among The Stars
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 May 2014
Johnny Cash fans like me will Love this NEW J.C. Album. It is genuinely Johnny Cash at his Very Best on most of the tracks. The lyrics, his timing and the 'freshness' of his acoustic guitar playing are most definitely Genuine, and IF He is looking down, and we're sure he is, He will most definitely give a 'Well done son' nod to his son for the compilation he has put together for Our Enjoyment. If you just get a chance to hear One Track, please listen to track 1, the title track, and that will almost certainly want to own this New Album from the Master of Country Music, (and still with that tongue in cheek dig at Authority).
on 14 May 2014
Johnny Cash is sadly missed. I have been a fan for as long as I can remember. Through out the years from his early to the late his voice has grown stronger and better, so when news of his lost album came to light I waited for the release and boy was I surprised at the quality of the songs. 5 stars is not enough and this is one album is a must for any one not just JC fans. Since buying this Album I have not stopped playing it. This is the right time for the release that takes you back to pure country sounds. Please find more unreleased songs. Live in our hearts and for ever-more JC. A true Country Entertainer
on 10 April 2014
Having bought Cash albums since the fifties & having all issued since then this new one is as good as many others but not the greatest as many are saying,it was recorded as an album & shelved by Columbia for financial reasons as accountants run the industry now
J Carter Cash has said there is unreleased material for at least 3 more albums but it will be tracks recorded over the years for various labels & not an unreleased album like this.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 April 2014
I got this the day after release date, and listened immediatley. I love it... That deep gravel like voice that was bouncing around the car cheered me up immediatley, and that's saying something for country music which I sometimes find quite depressing. I don't think this guy lost anything over the years. The strength and passion of that voice was, to me, the same as I heard for Walk the Line and Ring of Fire. BUY IT
One person found this helpful
on 1 August 2014
What a wonderful feeling when you play this album for the first time. It takes you right back to the great years when Cash was making the juke boxes regularly with records like Teenage Queen, I guess things happen that way, Ring of fire etc etc.
These to me are brand new songs some I have never heard before and others like Hank Snows I'm Movin' On brilliantly revived. Its so fresh, happy and new. No need to analyse it just take the word of an old music fan like me and go out and buy it. Its the cheapest gold you'll ever find.
on 3 April 2014
Loved this album - I'm not the biggest country officionado but thought that the songs on this album were great. Bought for my friends birthday (she is into country) and am sure she will like it as much as I do. Also really happy about the free download with every purchase as I can now keep a copy on my laptop.

Good delivery time and arrived in good condition. There was no cellophane wrap around the CD box (is there supposed to be?) but I checked the disc and there was not a single scratch on it - nor was there any damage to the case itself.
One person found this helpful
on 16 May 2014
A real find. Before this album I had the best of Jonny Cash album which I do love, but it is the only 'country and western' album in my music collection. A friend recommended this to me after hearing just one track and I'm so glad I bought it. Put together from recordings found by his son, this is Jonny Cash at his best. A good mix of upbeat to melancholy, humour to thought provoking and the sadness that sometimes comes with Cash. If you're thinking about buying this, then go for it.
on 15 April 2014
I've played this everyday since getting it from Amazon on it's UK release day and it's really grown on me. It's hard to believe it wasn't released back in 1984 but I probably wouldn't have given it a go back then... that's what maturity does for you I guess! Anyway, it's a great album with two fine duets with June Carter Cash and a sensational duet with Waylon Jennings on 'I'm movin on'. I love the humour on 'If I told you who it was' and 'I drove her out of my mind'. Cash's voice is a bit of a let down on 'After all' but the emotion is there and he's in fine voice for the rest of the album. If I could, I'd score it 11 out of 12 but have given it a 5. Recommended!
on 7 January 2017
My hubby like johnny cadh and has a few of his Cd's. This is his old stuff mixed in with a few classics. He was not that bothered initially, because sometimes you get repeats. He is very impressed
on 9 April 2014
I came rather late to the work of Johnny Cash but after listening to his recordings with Rick Rubin, I was advised to buy this last offering by a dear friend of mine.The man is such a legend & the item reasonably priced, I would recommend this cd to anyone who really likes music & you needn't be a country fan.
4 people found this helpful