on 28 September 2015
I have been buying these refill sticks for several months now from Amazon and have found that 1 in 4 sticks (on average) don't work. They don't absorb the urine and therefore no reading comes up. However, I have never had this problem with the sticks bought from Boots. With the Boots sticks I get 4/4 that work! I am not sure if this supplier gets counterfeit sticks (if such a thing is possible) or if they are passed their use-by date but re-labeled, or it is just a fluke that in using 80+ sticks from Amazon over the last 4 months, 20+ have not worked, but when using Boots-bought ones for several months before this and a month after this (so c. 80+ sticks too) I have not had a single faulty stick. The product itself when the sticks are not faulty is excellent.
on 27 March 2016
Bought to use with advanced fertility monitor. Straight forward to use once you get the hang of testing in your selected time window. Picked up on low/high/peak days in your cycle which helps with knowing your ovulation day/s for trying to conceive. Used for approx six months then got BFP! Good luck.
on 26 January 2016
I usually buy this product in Boots but they don't always have the stock so I thought I would order them here. The sticks are faulty. The last two months I have been using these the monitor reads 2 bars, every single time. This is very odd as I've never had any issues prior. So I tested one of the sticks using water and the monitor still read 2 bars. I've spent £60 on this and its been a complete waste of money and my time!
on 23 November 2015
I've been using this for about four months now and have mixed feelings towards it. I've got peaks two out of the four months, and have usually had between 2 and 7 highs before getting a peak. Once the monitor detects oestrogen it stays high until it sees a LH surge. I've seen on plenty of forums that some ladies never get peaks and still fall pregnant, so for whatever reason, the monitor doesn't pick up on the surge.

For the first month it requires you to use more than 10 sticks, as it starts you off on CD6 to get baseline results. That's all well and good, but at £28 for a box of ten sticks (which aren't included), that can work out pricey. Before using this I used the clearblue dual hormone sticks, and I honestly don't see the difference, other than this tracks your cycle details. There are plenty of apps that do that too.

With the pregnancy tests, the monitor won't let you use one of the tests until it says so. If you do it a day early for example, it won't read the stick at all which is frustrating. I've also heard they're not that sensitive.

My final bug bear is that if you don't add a new cycle in during the first four days (you might forget or be away), it won't let you use the monitor the month at all, which is hugely frustrating.

I would say that whilst this product works perfectly fine, it not a magic box and has its flaws. Detecting an LH surge does not mean that you ovulated shortly after (although it probably is the case for the majority of ladies). The only was to tell accurately if you ovulated is from temping. I'm not entirely sure it's worth the money, and I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.
on 31 March 2015
It has taken me nearly 15 months to fall pregnant. I was being referred to assisted fertility. Within two months of using this I was pregnant. I stayed away from ovulation kits as people said it was to much pressure. I bought it and loved it. It was the best thing for me and now I am due my baby in September.
on 27 January 2016
I bought a second hand monitor so needed the older sticks to use in it. These did the job perfectly and I fell pregnant my second month of using them.
on 4 January 2016
Dont really think this product worked for me, had a high reading everyday of the month was a bit disappointed
on 6 December 2015
Chucked more sticks away than used faulty sticks waste of money
on 12 June 2015
Crap doesn't work, how can you be on a high peak for the whole cycle, want my money back
on 27 November 2015
Those refill sticks are great, but they must be used correctly and not mixed up with the new box. Each cycle has a new box. Otherwise the reading might not be correct. I like those sticks and still using them. I would recommend them highly.