on 17 January 2015
You know what your getting when you buy this album. Satan himself singing to you in your living room! I'm not a die hard metal fan but I do love a bit of death metal (as I call it) and for me this album sums it up as a masterpiece. The chords are perfect and very "sinister" as I like to describe them, The vocals are superb and every track has an individuality with a few slow sections thrown in for a menacing feel. This is my first Behemoth album and very glad I own it and I rate it far more highly than some of the horrible screechy metal bands about these days.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 February 2014
It's powerful. I know who we're talking about here and it might seem redundant, but believe me, it's not. It's dramatic.
Vocally travels a lot, from raw power in Blow Your Trumpets, through painful and dramatic screams in Satanists, to declamation in In The Absence Ov Light.
Musically it's just perfect, if anything maybe even to perfect. I loved the baroque sound of Apostasy.
Three songs stand out for me, Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel, Satanist and Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer.
2 people found this helpful
on 19 August 2015
I never listened to Behomoth untill this album and at first i wasnt a fan and thought i wasted money. after a few listens its brilliant one epic death metal album
One person found this helpful
on 7 October 2016
It seems Behemoth have matured into a band which produces vastly different album every time they come to make one: this is no exception. Satanic and awe inspiring lyrics.
on 5 October 2017
Behemoth at their best.... powerful stuff well worth your listening time
on 19 May 2017
Excellent!
on 17 March 2014
The Satanist is an awesome Behemoth's return. From the doomy riffs on Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel to the epic O father O satan O sun, all the songs on the album reach an amazing level. Special mention to the song Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer, which groovy riffs will make you headbang hard. Horns up, Behemoth are back \m/
One person found this helpful
on 15 January 2016
Love this album
on 16 March 2018
hey! the satanist))) the best vinyl ever
on 20 March 2014
Superb Blackend death black metal album. Every one who likes Extreme metal Must have this Polish metal es master peace album