Customer reviews

on 28 June 2014
I saw Padraig O'Morain interviewed which inspired me to buy this book. Everyone needs a little help to obtain moments of peace and this most definitely helps.
on 4 February 2016
Love it
i have tried to read a few mindfulness books before and found them heavy going and had given up. This is different-it appreciates we are all busy and it has kept my attention. I am learning useful techniques from day one. i can finally appreciate what the concept of Mindfulness actually is and put it into everyday use in my busy life. The authors of other books should read this and stop making the subject more complicated than it needs to be!
on 31 December 2014
Bought as xmas gift and has been very well received! Infant the whole family is dipping into this book and using it for a new positive mind set. Great buy.
on 23 January 2015
Love this little book. I downloaded it to my kindle. It's not a book to read all in one go. I read a chapter most evenings and really thought about the content. Now I pick it up and choose a relevant chapter whenever I feel the need for a little calm, or a simple reminder to take that deep breath to bring me back into the present.

This is not a deep or complicated book .. more like 'Mindfulness for Dummies'... no need for deep meditation, it's just building it in to your everyday life, at work, driving etc. Simple message throughout is LIVE IN THE NOW and that in itself will bring a sense of calm to our often hectic lives.
on 23 January 2016
A very straightforward introduction, not too demanding, a good place to start I think. However, I feel there is rather a lot of padding here: too much repetition, especially in the sections at the ends of chapters which more or less repeat word for word what was said a few pages earlier. In fact the book would have been just as informative at half its length.
on 4 July 2014
Excellent reference for people 'on the go'.
on 3 August 2014
Great guide to achieving balance in an increasingly hectic and stressful life...
on 9 November 2015
I'm really enjoying reading this book. Very helpful suggestions on how to be more mindful every day. You will benefit from reading it through but also from dipping in and out. One of the best books I've found on the subject and I've read a lot!
on 29 July 2014
a good read, though I had to go over each chapter a couple of times to let it sink in, am trying to put it into practice, especially at night
on 23 July 2014
This is an excellent book. Padraig really understands the modern world. Few of us have time to set aside in a 'special' place to be mindful for 30 minutes plus a day. This book helps you to incorporate mindfulness in your whole life not just at particular times. Little every day things like brushing your teeth or washing you hands become opportunities for mindfulness, the list becomes endless.