Customer reviews

The Songs Of Pomus & Shuman
Format: Audio CD|Change

Hidden Gems from two great song writers . There must be plenty of "bubbling under"recordings here at a modest price {must buy a "BILLBOARD 100" on of these days} Excellent UK& US recordings to enjoy "A" & "B" sides.

Just one moan , which won't cause me to any deductions in "stars". I wish NOT Music would alter their design in their presentation of these albums , the track listing on a grey background , white writing and the Artist in red , very dazzling to read under almost any light , if they were not listed here on Amazon it would be a job knowing what's on track listing .
2 people found this helpful
on 16 March 2015
Pomus & Shuman are amongst the best songwriters of the rock 'n' roll era. They rate comparably with Leiber and Stoller and this set contains their best works. A must for any rock 'n' roll fan
on 22 March 2014
These composers amazed me with their variety and success. I knew about half the songs so the ones I did not know were great to hear. I only came by this CD through browsing and had never heard their names before.
on 13 December 2014
a great 3 cd collection of 75 tracks by the original artists. this complements a 2 cd set I have which contains a lot of alternative versions of their songs.
on 9 December 2014
I haven't heard most of the songs yet, but the ones I have are hot! Doc Pomus wrote some great stuff!
on 19 March 2014
great songs from artists most people only had A sides

Good to hear some B sides sound well with lesser known artists
on 29 June 2015
They wrote a lot of songs that Elvis performed so enjoyed very much.
on 20 February 2014
For all lovers of this music this is a brilliant CD to be played often. I would highly recommend this.
on 18 January 2015