on 9 December 2016
Works ok, but can be a bit glitchy when connecting. Although I am starting to regret buying into the Withings ecosystem of devices, as I purchased the Thermo and the Cardio at the same time as this, and both are suffering far from acceptable accuracy!
on 20 October 2014
This is a superbly designed product, true to the very high standards that Withings sets itself. In order to set it up you have to connect the BPM to your iPhone (or Android) by Bluetooth. The actual process for setting up is very simple. Once set-up you switch on Bluetooth on your iPhone and on the BPM, and the BPM window (which is a subset of the Withings Health Mate app) opens. You then press start on the iPhone app and it takes a reading. If you want to, it can also take an average of three readings (although for some arcane FDA ruling in the US this has to be toggled on each time you take a reading. You can't leave it on as the default setting.)

There are a couple of points to note. Firstly, you should pay close attention to the instructions (which pop us every time you start up) as to how you take the readings. If you are not sitting with your arm in the correct position, or you are jiggling around during the reading you will get a "Reading Failed" message.

And secondly, if two of you want to share the BPM and each take your own readings, the BPM is a lot less user-friendly than the Withings scales (which connect by WiFi). To handle two users you have to make absolutely certain that only the user taking a reading has their Bluetooth switched on. Otherwise, if the BPM senses that there are two competing Bluetooth signals within range it won't know which one is which. If Withings could get the BPM to connect to WiFi like its scales do, it would fully justify 5 stars. As it is 4 stars seems reasonable.
on 11 April 2017
Links to the accompanying app giving a clear indication of blood pressure. I've checked it against my old sphygmomanometer and the result are identical. What do I prefer, the Withings Monitor, it's easier to use and provides a permanent digital record.
on 11 August 2017
It has worked well for 11 months then it started to give issues. Platitudes from Nokia support. Part of the the issue is the revamp from Withings to Nokia when they changed the app dramatically and no end of issues since then. Now in the 12th month it connects to the iPhone but NOT to the app. Result is that this unit is unusable.
This is a real pity as the Withings app was good but of course you're expected to reinvest £100 in the BPM+ (newer model) on a regular basis once you're locked into their ecosystem. Looks as if I'll be looking at alternatives from Qardio.
Caveat emptor !
on 11 May 2017
Rubbish for me. Tried two. Neither worked reliably for me. If you have great blood pressure. Works fine. If you have higher blood pressure it fails over a third of the time. Now sent back. Gave up. Shame. Great idea. Looks nice.
on 8 February 2015
Ok so since I suffer from hypertension, this was a must for me. It's quite large so if your petite you may have issue with the size. If your a larger person, no fear it will fit. Works great and very accurate. I love I can share the results with my doctor, and the app even tracks activity, so you know when you have to move your behind. I could speak well of this product all day. I found it cheaper at the apple store, so shop around before you buy. Didn't mind because it saved me a trip to the city, and that was worth the price hike for me.
on 12 May 2017
Had one of these for more than one year and loved it but unfortunately it stopped pumping. I contacted Withings customer service and they were really helpful and replaced it immediately. Great product and great customer service.
on 21 June 2017
I am a big fan of withings and this did not disapoint. Very rarely fails to take a reading as per some of the reviews. Works well with the body cardio scales I have and gives me peace of mind I'm reasonably healthy.
on 8 July 2017
An upgrade from the wired version. It's great but sometimes it takes a few adjustments before it'll take a reading. I never had this problem with the previous version.
Apart from that I'm happy.
on 8 November 2017
Does not work with Samsung Galaxy 8. I wrote to customer service, they weren't helpful. Also, I've been scaled with very high blood pressure but a nurse at the hospital re-measured with a less advanced monitor and found I'm ok... Nice looking but not really helpful... I've got three items of Withing. All three haven't been calibrated