Customer reviews

on 9 March 2018
At last… a female “James Bond”!! Not Secret Service but with many of his attributes in physical dexterity, mental resilience and an ability to be frequently drawn into combat against overwhelming odds yet still able to come out on top. Perhaps slightly less versatile in close encounters of the other kind! The backgrounds came within the realms of extrapolating, with some liberal interpretations, existing far-east political situations while moving on into a sequence of events that were clearly fictional while retaining an element of credible reality. It stops short of being classed as pure “science fiction”.
All of this action within totally convincing circumstances against well researched backgrounds and geographic locations.
The whole trilogy works well in the context of drama, suspense and action set in the near future when nothing should surprise
on 20 June 2016
Couldn't put them down, I've now read the trilogy twice,enjoyed them even more second time.Eagerly waiting to see what the author does next.
on 7 June 2016
Well number three never let you down Rheagan, such detail, I couldn't even begin to think how it could end, but it did and I'm sorry I have now finished them, perhaps I I'll go back to one and start over again, highly recommend these books to anyone and everyone, well done
on 3 December 2014
Well, I must admit this book took me through a roller coaster of emotions. Bitter Truth and Bitter Justice had their moments of brutality and violence but Rheagan Greene really yanked the carpet out from under my feet with this one. A big portion of the book is you standing side by side with the heroine as she undergoes some life-changing, horrific moments that are at times quite difficult to stomach but you will persevere - not because you want to but because you need to. The sympathy I developed for Tessa and the extreme pleasure I felt as she gained justice shocked me as I hadn't realised how much I had connected with her.

Outstanding literature. Job very well done.
on 26 May 2014
Most of the plaudits have already been awarded by other reviewers. The point about Rheagan Greene's thorough research is that it makes authentic the astonishing twists and turns in her heroine's war on evil. The mind-bending science, the engineering, the physical fitness, the swordplay--all are believable and are probably actually in use somewhere in the world at any one time. The reader can suspend belief and accept that the skills are all centred in one hero and combine to defeat evil centred in one group of fiends. But these fiends and their doings can almost certainly be found at any one time somewhere in the world as well. What makes it a fantasy is that we can't imagine a world where guns are outlawed and only licensed swordsmen/women are entitled to keep the peace. Or can we?
These books are fast-paced and exciting although there are scenes of sexploitation in the third which are not for the squeamish.
on 21 May 2014
As we have come to expect of her, Rheagan Greene closes the The Samurai Trilogy with a very powerful and gripping end. To me the mark of a really good read is how unsociable you become whilst working through the story and then finally having to stay up half the night just to see how it all ends....................thanks Rheagan!

Never a dull moment for our heroine and her experiences in this last book are both graphic and eye watering, but good triumphs over evil in the end, so what more doe we need?

What next Rheagan, that's the question.
on 18 May 2014
...and not a little gruesome at times. But a definite page-turner! The forces of evil are suitably and soundly vanquished.
on 3 April 2014
Bitter Legacy is a literary roller-coaster that takes the reader from the highs of beautiful landscapes ,magnificent castles, love and fidelity to the lows of hate, degradation and extreme violence.
After a short but welcome reprise of the main events of books one and two we are launched into a dystopic world of mind control, torture and sexual violence.The highly complex plot is cleverly worked out with a strong story-line full of twists, turns and surprises while the slick, concise writing makes this book a page-turner par excellence.
The reader is treated to not only a highly exciting fictional journey but also to the fascinating world of Samurai history and traditions.Whether fact or fiction the scenario of mind-altering drugs and hypnotism makes for enthralling reading.
Bitter Legacy is a compelling, albeit at times stomach-churning, conclusion to the brilliantly conceived Trilogy and Ms Greene should be very proud of her amazing achievement.
on 30 March 2014
An amazing end to a whirlwind trilogy! I have just finished the final book in The Samurai Revival trilogy. This book does not disappoint we see our heroine Tessa deal with mightier challenges than anything she has had to face before and she almost loses everything (including herself) in the process. This book is a real must read. I have to admit some of the subject matter is pretty gritty but Greene writes so compellingly that you want to keep reading to know what happens. What next will we see from this author now the trilogy is complete?
on 10 March 2014
Well, here it is - volume 3 and another chance to become involved with Japan, her history and fighting techniques - all bound up in a stimulating storyline.
This storyline has moved on some 10 + years from volumes 1 and 2 which tended to concentrate especially on Tessa's brother (Beauchamp) and the death of her friend Penny. Now the emphasis is still on the Calver Cats but also on her relationship with her adopted daughter (Nyunt) , a surprising marriage and being once again drawn into her peacekeeper role - all culminating into an effort to protect the Royal House of Japan.
The location of the action visits England, Japan,Thailand, Burma and Orkney. As such the reader can easily appreciate the detailed study and effort that Ms Greene has put into each area - a commendable effort. There is a certain amount of bloodshed and brutality and there are times when you feel that Tessa simply can never triumph over deep evil. However , this is all woven skilfully into the credible storyline and much of the fascination for me was to find out who got their "just deserts" - and indeed how they got it !

In closing , I really feel that I can easily recommend this book - although be aware that when you start it you wont be able to easily put it down - it moves along at such a cracking pace right up to the end. Take a day off work to read it - it will repay you. I am now truly "hooked" and just hope that Ms Greene is producing a fourth volume in the near future. I will watch her future book production with interest and anticipation. Hadrian
One person found this helpful