on 29 December 2015
Emma & Tom are excellent. It would have been much better if they had concentrated more on the making of “Mary Poppins”, and not given us so much of the,rather boring, childhood of P.L.Travers. One, or two visits back there would have been sufficient....NOT half the movie!
on 21 February 2018
excellent dvd
on 14 May 2015
Fantastic acting in this very interesting story which tells how the author of Mary Poppins came together with Walt Disney to bring her book to the Cinema.
on 27 April 2017
Great film loved it
on 13 July 2014
Beautiful film, poignant and moving. Hanks and Thompson are amazing as always, and Farrell manages not to ruin the excellent ensemble. I laughed, I cried and I shouted "Don't mention the penguins!" at the screen! Thoroughly recommend this film to anyone who loved 'Mary Poppins' as a kid.
on 12 March 2015
It was not what I was expecting, but having said that, it was better than I thought it would be, I would definitely reccommend it, a very well done film.
on 8 May 2014
Brilliant film and great cast. Funny and witty, you'll be singing along! (No its not a musical. You'll just hear a few of the good ol' songs that made us love 'Mary Poppins'). Another great true story!
on 1 January 2016
I sat down to watch this and didn't move till the end. Not even for a cup of tea. Brilliant. A must see.
on 5 February 2015
Really lovely movie, great cast :-) Emma Thompson is just brilliant as always. Also gives a small insight into how Disney changes stories to suit themselves!!
on 26 April 2014
We were drawn into the narrative right from the start. There were funny moments, tearful moments and at no time did we feel other than for the characters portrayed. Emma Thomson was brilliant and the whole film was an absolute delight.
The only drawback was that, at first, we were rather puzzled when the narrative went back in time. However, all was made clear in time. A DVD we will definitely be going back to time and time again.