Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.24

on 12 April 2014
Another very good romantic novel which I enjoyed immensely just like the others that I enjoyed very much as it was a very good read .
I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes a very good romance and just enjoy the story.
on 27 August 2015
3.5 out of 5
So, while I was sort of Ok with the first book in the series or should I say the ideas behind the whole series, I wasn’t completely blow away, so this is the second bite at the cherry and I am holding on to the hope that this will give me more of the story I had been hanging out for.
This is a little more event orientated in my opinion than the first one, I got a bit more of the story that I had been hoping for.
There are still lots and lots of points of view and characters to get to grips with but at least I had a story to keep me on my toes, not just characters to blindside me.
There were lost more questions that crept up throughout the story and in some cases those remain unanswered but it all added to the mystery that surrounds the ranch and I have to say there were some aspects of the story that forced me to take a sharp intake of breath.
But what about the guys– well safe to say that they are all there in all their glory.
Grant has taken off trying to decipher what the heck is going on with Craig. I’m not sure whether he will get the answers he is looking for and what impact that might have on the underlying situation that appears to be bubbling between him and Roger- damn these guys are more complicated than I had imagined.
We have Marshall, who is hiding something which I am sure will come out in the next book but he is also hiding the way he feels about Zander – and that makes him one very hot but ever so complicated, confused man!
I liked the mystery and anticipation that their missions bring to the book, I appreciate the situation that they are in and the connection that they all have to each other but and unfortunately there is a but I am struggling with a the fact that these are military men ( I am ex- service) and as such have been in male dominated environments almost all of their working lives and yet some of them are only now coming to term with their sexuality… if you are gay or Bi or whatever you know, you will have always known. In this case I don’t think the uncertainty is positive, I personally don’t like that they are unsure and doubt their own feelings, I want them to be proud of the way they feel and stand tall.
For the most part for me I think that this was better than the first book, it kept my attention and made my anticipation levels soar, I liked the angst and uncertainty with regards to what Craig is up to and I like the fact that other characters are being included into the story.
I only bought this due to the low price, thinking that it might be worth reading about the characters introduced in book 1. Unfortunately, though I appreciate from the author's foreword, that she had a bad time in 2013, this read very disjointedly, as the author jumped back and forth between a suspense plot and two MM romances.

One of the two in the Marshall/Zander pairing was slightly reluctant to be labelled, and one of the two sort of had history with Grant, who had history with Craig the baddie who was at the centre of the suspense (and who seemed to be incredibly stupid for a baddie), then the author tagged on Roger who wanted Grant, baggage and all. Confused? You will be.

After around 15 mins of hot-cold, totally disjointed, uninspiring reading with a TSTL baddie, and homophone errors such as sole-mate instead of soul mate, galore, I gave up on this and returned it for a refund. SY does short tales OK enough, but her writing, personal issues aside, is too confusing for plot+multiple romances and leads. Sorry.
on 20 August 2015
☆♡☆♡☆♡♡☆♡☆♡☆ 5 STAR REVIEW ☆♡☆♡☆♡♡☆♡☆♡☆

As the team awaits the returned from Grant, Roger is finding it difficult to stop thinking about him. What is difficult for him is he never thought he cared for anyone else after Hayden guess he was wrong.

While everyone is waiting on Grant Marshall and Zander's friendship will escalate to something more. Marshall is afraid to love again after how his heart was broken after Grant got together with Craig. Could Zander show Marshall he is the right man for him?

While this relationships are growing, Craig is so closed to them and he's ready to execute his plan against his former friends and teammates. But can he get close enough to do so?

As I continue reading this series, I understand every single couple we meet. They all work well together and they complement each other. Each and everyone of this gorgeous men help the other with their unconditional love.

I am a fan of this series and this book was very interesting. It will keep you in your toes with all the action and steamy sex between this hot gorgeous men.

I recommend this book and series.

Gifted by author in exchange for an honest review.

on 17 August 2015
I received this book from Enticing Journey's Bookshelf in return for a fair and honest review.

Although reading a series is usually best-done back-to-back, there are exceptions and this is one of them. Although I find myself enjoying this series for the action and adventure side of it, the romance side came across as being incredibly similar to the first book - best friends, one supposedly straight, one kiss and they're sorted.

What lifted this book from a 3-star to a 4-star was the detail involved with Craig and his capture. This made for a very good adventure story although it still could have gone further for me into the whys and wherefores.

Once again, this is a book with multiple main characters, rather than just one pair, and others are mingling. New characters are introduced with a view for the next book in the series. As with the first book, I would recommend a round of editing and proof-reading as there are still too many errors in there to dismiss.

On the whole, enjoyable but I would suggest you read different books in between.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
on 9 December 2013
Not Sara's best nor the worse. The action part of the story was good but there were too many relationships to keep track of. It would have been better to have possibly one or two couple's relationship explored and the others taking a back seat only featuring as operatives However, the key characters were likeable and you cared what happened to them. They were a family, a band of mainly gay brothers.
on 28 December 2013
I should have remembered how un-gripped I was by the last book, but I tend to forget with the amount I read. So, terrible dialogue, all these soldiers are gay and pair off with each other, one is straight and then decides he loves his best friend and takes to gay sex like a duck to water, its awful. This books only saving grace is near the end when the action starts, they beat the bad guy and then it ends, not with Marshal and Zander as I expected, who are the supposedly featured pair in this plot, but with Roger and Grant. This was pants. Not engaging nor believable.
on 20 July 2014
Wow, I really could not put this down..
I enjoyed the First book in this series and I just fell deeper in love with the men while reading this one.
There is quiet a few characters to this book yet I found it easy to keep up with each one as the character development is excellent! The pace is quite fast which I enjoyed along with the anticipation of what was going to happen next!

Again Sara York has delivered a page turning, wonderful book that had to be read in one sitting! I can not wait for the next book!

Highly recommend!!
on 14 June 2014
Another great read by Sara and the Colorado men never get boring just hotter and hotter. Can't wait to read more and see how the guys deal with the next chapter off their life's
on 16 March 2014
Can't wait for the next book!
I'm loving this series so far!
The story line is so brilliant and exciting.