on 20 April 2016
Brilliant album, arrived in perfect condition.
on 22 December 2016
Arrived quickly, product as stated.
on 27 January 2014
It does exactly what it says on the tin - this is an album of B-Sides (most, if not all, of these songs have been available previously with single releases).

However, I would much rather have had a "Rarities" collection - songs that got cut from albums, the bonus tracks that came with some album releases (the excellent Blue Dahlia from Handwritten, for example), or material from the iTunes EP.

The reality is we get a record loaded with fairly poor acoustic versions of well-established songs - poor in both audio quality and performance.

That said, this is The Gaslight Anthem, and I'd wager this record will grow on me fairly quickly.
on 30 January 2014
As another reviewer pointed out, fans of Gaslight will have heard most of these tracks before, but I knew I had before purchasing. What this album is is a place to put them all together on an official release. She Loves You is perhaps one of the band's finest songs, the acoustic version of The '59 Sound will make you fall in love with Brian's voice all over again, and their cover of Songs for Teenagers is a completely different take on the song. I wanted this collection mostly for completion purposes and I knew exactly what I was getting, and I'm very happy to get it. My only complaint would be I wished they'd included more original songs and less acoustic takes on their already well-established songs, there are some excellent Gaslight songs hiding away that could do with being brought to a wider audience.
on 14 February 2014
I'm a huge fan of Gaslight anthem, and particularly Brian Fallon's voice. Anyone who saw him on the Revival Tour will know just how powerful Gaslight songs can be when sung with just an acoustic guitar. But, the versions here are generally poor to average. why oh why did they-or their record company- decide to release such a lacklustre set of renditions.

Add to this an awful effort at a Pearl Jam tune and a highly average Tumbling Dice etc and we are left with a much-anticipated release which, after a few listenings to try to see if it was a grower, will be filed away in the section- could have been much better.
on 25 April 2014
Play it again. First listen underwhelms because the material is familiar. Second time around you're listening more carefully and you hear beyond what you've heard before on the '59 Sound' and 'Handwritten' and you realise the songs acoustic presentations have a seductive quality all their own.
on 12 April 2014
I choose this because I like most of the original tracks,I also love acoustic guitar ,but I don't think that in this case the tunes benefit from this treatment,it was disappointing .
on 13 March 2014
The album is by far one of there best! The acoustic cover are excellent... If I had to choose I would go for this album before the others
on 10 January 2015
It's Gaslight Anthem. It's great. Some acoustic takes, some new songs. Well worth the few pounds.
on 24 July 2014
Great acoustic versions of the songs that you already know especially the single great expextations