Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 October 2016
I first heard 'The War on Drugs 'Slave Ambient' album through Amazon Prime and was so impressed how good it sounded. Then I began to look into what else they had done and came across their latest album 'Lost in the Dream'. I was utterly blown away. This is simply a beautiful collection of tracks that I've not felt so good about since hearing U2's The 'Joshua Tree'. There are no comparions to U2 here though. Think Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen and Dire Straits and you'll be on the right track.

Slave Ambient was good, but this is so much more. Their first album does nothing for me - an Indie mess if you want my honest opinion, But 'Lost in the Dream' is just so much more. It's what a good band matures in to - it keeps me coming back for more. Best album I have heard in years.
on 1 October 2016
Hi, so this is one of my favourite albums of all time i.e. top 10. Deserves to be remembered for many decades to come as Bob Dylan is. It does remind me of Bob Dylan lyrically, but it is very original and they have found their own sound. It is a very dreamy album sometimes with long instrumentals which really work. I recommend you buy it listen to it and listen to it at least ten times and then tell all your friends about it.
on 28 October 2015
I can only re-iterate what many others have already said about this fantastic album... It seems as if this is an homage to the more stirring, Autumnal aspects of a 1980s Bruce Springsteen (a genre that I was never that into at the time, but it sounds superb here); it's such a repeated pleasure to listen to. I can honestly say that I haven't enjoyed an album as much as this for several years.
on 14 July 2016
I sampled this album on amazon and liked what I heard. This album is special. Red eyes is the stand out track but all the songs seem to compliment each other and you end up listening to the whole album as a complete piece of work.
Brilliant.
on 13 January 2016
One of the best albums in the last 5 years. Beautiful for background music or to immerse yourself in. Strangely reminiscent of Dire Straits but don't let that put you off!
on 22 February 2017
Amazing album. Beautifully crafted. Perfect road trip soundtrack.
on 19 February 2017
No words too say just how good and beautiful this is
on 7 April 2017
I heard this music first time - very good
on 12 April 2017
good, fast delivery.
on 18 May 2015
Excellent album throughout, 1 of the best albums around & totally out of this world. Truly unique in its own way.