Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 June 2014
Brilliant composition.. Cannot and never will stop listening to Burial music... Fantastic. Relaxed style but still has a weight in the sound and one of the most unique vocal style arrangements I've ever heard...
on 20 December 2013
I really don't know where ONE of the reviewers is coming from, but each to their own........All I have to say is that this makes me feel like I did the first time I heard Burial. I listen to a lot of Electronica and this, in my opinion, is one of the most forward thinking, complex, dazzling and down right awesome releases I have had the pleasure of listening to. This smacked me square between the ears and did not stop. The layers are unimaginable and the talent is mind blowing. YOU NEED THIS.
on 10 May 2014
I love this EP- in my opinion this encompasses all the best bits of Burial. The breezy beats, darkness, euphoria, happiness, sadness and melancholy all rolled into one. Each track is like a journey (particularly Rival Dealer and Come Down To Us). I once read an interview with Burial describing what he aims to achieve with his music...
"“The sound that I’m focused on is more, you know, when you come out of a club and there’s that echo in your head of the music you just heard…I love that music, but I can’t make that club sort of stuff…but I can try and make the afterglow of that music. You know what I mean…it’s like people after a club and they’re sitting around or playing Playstation and stuff, still listening to the echo of their night out in their heads. Or when you walk down the stairs into a club and you start hearing the music, but there’s people talking around you and the music mixes itself in with real life. I like that sound…it’s like a memory of a tune."
This is the perfect description of the Rival Dealer EP; beats ebb in and out, snippets of conversation are heard, sometimes clear, sometimes barely audible, haunting vocal lines groan out from the speakers evoking a range of emotions from the listener.
Dim the lights, put this on a decent stereo and zone out. Perfect.
on 28 February 2014
This is Extra Extra ordinary in the true sense of the words. I'm long time electronic music writer and producer also play Classical Piano and Violin. What this does artist produces musical convention - I know its only my humble opinion but he realy is something special. He raises the bar everytime. I just wonder where he will go next.

Transcendent
on 1 April 2014
If you like music you will like this, no one releases anything quite like this, totally unique. Some are saying Burial has taken it in a new direction but to me its just another sublime listening experience.
on 16 October 2016
I have no idea what planet the 1 star reviewer is on, all I can safely say is there is that after hours of research I cannot find a single reason why he is still able to walk this planet unaided instead of locked in a room on his own with only his obscure and truly mental thoughts to himself. I fear being amoungst ordinary folk - he may be Emotionally harmful to society with this bigotry thinking. Simple - if you don't like it don't buy it. Plenty of record shops in existence let you listen to music before purchase or there is YouTube! Don't buy it and then waste us with your useless thoughts. I learnt this many years ago as a kid - what kind of moron buys music not knowing what it's going to sound like? I know I don't like heavy metal - I don't buy it. To be honest I love Burials music, not a fan of the colab with Zomby on the latest track "sweetz" - guess what - I didn't buy it!!! Even better I haven't written a crappy review!

On a side note - Rival Dealer is probably Burials best track to date! A must have for any fan! Do not listen to first reviewer and if there is no record shop for you to take a listen to it first, there is always YouTube!
on 16 June 2015
Having heard Burial for the first time on the BBC film Bitter Lake, I ordered this CD the same day. The track 'Come down to us' blew me away. Normally listening to jazz and classical, Burial has revived my interest in British electronic music. Its a full pan of chips so your getting a bargain.
on 24 December 2013
I first heard this on "6 Music" and had a WTF moment! If John Peel was still alive, he would be playing this every show despite the fact that it's over ten minutes long!
on 15 February 2014
Every so often, I hear something that stands out from the mediocre. Thick, dark, dystopian, underground. These are the words that spring to mind every time I hear this guy's music, an original melding of trip-hop, house and dubstep that really takes the breath away. What more can I add?
on 27 December 2013
I'm loving the EPs Burial is producing, he's obviously spending a ridiculous amount of time creating three superb tracks and it shows. He has ideas aplenty but the way everything fits together and the general quality is what really sets it apart.