on 17 December 2013
I couldn't put this down. A great concept for a book, and one which has made me think twice about internet security! It's not just the government that holds all the power anymore! Some great descriptions of London here too, which I appreciated as a fellow Londoner myself. The only thing I would have quite liked is maybe a few flashbacks to Paul, and maybe get to hear from him a bit more. Whilst he is the central focus of the whole book, without giving too much away, we don't really get to hear his own thoughts. Over all though, a truly riveting read.
on 17 December 2013
The author leaves so many trails and clues for the reader; it makes it hard to know which one to follow and certainly keeps you on your toes! Anyone would think inheriting 20 million would be a good thing...but not for Paul. His whole world quickly comes crashing down around him. It makes you realise just how much power there is in technology and how much can go wrong when it's in the wrong hands. Fast paced with plenty on clues that are all tied up in a, quite literally, explosive finish; this is a great read.
on 8 January 2014
My half brother has been murdered and left me 20 million. Now THEY are after me,.Mathamatical clues that you can solve yourself. See if you can keep ahead of the enemy. Thrilling story that I really enjoyed, set in London with mystery friends and enemies. Thoroughly enjoyable. A good read..
on 5 January 2014
There seems to be a reasonable story lurking in here, but reading it is made much harder by the complete lack of proof-reading - e.g. the first time we are introduced to the step brothers, one has the surname Turner and the other Tuner (seems unlikely), and as the book progresses they randomly switch around (pretty sure they should both be Turner).

Find it hard to accept that "Endeavour Press is the UK's leading independent digital publisher"!

The book is also let down by poor research - the author doesn't seem to understand the difference "maths" as a school subject and the sort of work a pure mathematics researcher would be doing; just seems to assume that there must be letters, numbers and greek symbols in there somewhere, and that it must involve algebra in some way.

As for using "west" and "east" positive and negative numbers to identify the latitude and longitude of a building in Switzerland - I think that was where I finally snapped! (Hints to the author: 1) you need a north cordinate as well, 2) both the northing and easting should be positive for Switzerland, and 3) east is positive, not negative in almost every grid coordinate system, and certainly in WGS84 which is what GPS is based on)
on 9 January 2014
Action -9/10
Characters - 8/10
Proof reading - 1/10
Mr Lynn can't decide whether the main character's name is Turner or Tuner all the way through the book; similarly John Ball becomes John Bull many times. He also seems not to know that "lent" (used many times) is the past tense of lend. I suspect "leant" is the word he should have used - Very distracting. Other than the large number of typos and misspellings, this story has not a lot to commend it. It seems to have a central theme of Big Brother but a couple of nerds can overcome this by shunting a few million from the NHS. The most ridiculous premise is that somebody left £20 million by a long lost brother would worry about where it came from! I certainly would say "thanks" and relax! Starts off well but rapidly runs downwards. I have more Matt Lynn books to read - one more chance...
on 3 December 2013
The only question of plausibility for me in this novel comes at the very start - if someone left me all that money in their will, I don't think I'd question it too much! This guy really is determined that's for sure. A cleverly written and well executed thriller where the lines of right and wrong, and the `good guys' and `bad guys' become rapidly blurred and interchangeable. This thriller keeps you guessing until the very end and you never quite know what's going to happen next. Highly recommended.
on 5 July 2014
I can only describe this tale as banal, far fetched and ridiculous, the dialogue matching.
e.g. 'As the female leading character staggers exhausted along a footway in an underground sewer, pursued by heavily armed men, she looses her footing. The only expletive she can think of is 'Sh-t.' As I have been criticised in the past for giving an opinion on a book which I did not finish. I struggled with this one to the end. i wish I hadn't.
on 23 January 2014
Not my usual subject matter , but I was hooked right from the first chapter . The author has a way of reeling you in to the story and making you feel a part of the action ! A must read if you like your thrillers bang up to date
on 4 January 2014
The book started out well, however a few pages into the story (which seems really good) the amount of four letter words was beyond belief. I read a few more pages in the hope that it would get better....no such luck. The bad language continued, so although the plot seemed good, I did not continue.
I do not need to be bombarded with such bad language, and can only think the author did not attend English classes at school, and as such is unable to write in English.
I have in the past got several free downloads, and gone on to buy other books by these authors, but I will DEFFINETLY not do so with this author.
on 8 January 2014
Although I have found the story quite interesting I have been somewhat distracted and infuriated by the constant spelling mistakes and incorrect words used throughout the book.
From the very first page we have a surname issue 'Turner' and 'Tuner' and it gets worse!!
Almost every other page has a mistake of some description and I feel like buying the paperback - highlighting all the errors and posting it to the publisher!!

Maybe I should get a job as a proof reader - whoever proof read this needs the sack!!!