on 10 March 2017
I received these books for free, and I have loved every one of them. As I read each one, I then went to do the review on each indivual book, because they deserved to be marked as separate reads. This is my overall mark for the series, so far.

Yes, there are a few editing issues, and yes, there is some voilence and mayhem, but if you're the sort of reader who lets that put you off, you will be missing out on an amazing and creative plot. It can go at a fast pace, and sometimes you may need to re-read a section, to help your brain grasp the futuristic ideas put forward. They can be complicated, but the ideas will wake your brain up, for sure. Great character build up, and fast paced adventures.

Thank you David, I have thoroughly enjoyed your futuristic sci fi ideas.
on 19 May 2016
The book begins with an intro about how a new generation of SF writers has supplanted the boring old school types. Well, that has happened pretty regularly in my lifetime! Each time it does there are some great new ideas and some great new writers. This is a set of ideas about the post-human concept that (to this older reader) seem unsurprising and not particularly original. And the writing is as pedestrian and stilted as any of the old school types Simpson is rude about at the outset. So, 2 out of 5 for trying, but I shall not be following the plot on - I skipped through the last volume as it was.
on 1 August 2014
It didn't take me even a second to be caught into the plot. I have spent a couple of days away from social media and TV to have the full post and transplant experience. Once I started reading, I cold not put this quartet down. The story presents a series of ethical and philosophical ideas and conundrums, resolving them in masterly fashion. The plot is gripping too, and the idea of ending with the prequel is genius!! More, please!!!!
on 6 December 2014
Fantastic book. David's book is visionary in a language that doesn't run away with hyperbole and cuts to the core of what could be an exciting or terrifying vision of the future for mankind. Incidentally whilst reading the last volume Stephen Hawkin has given his view on A.I. and what it could mean for the existence of the human race; if I didn't know any better I would say that he had read this book prior to his opinion...
on 9 April 2017
Simply fantastic. Excellent story line - keeps you guessing. Superbly written. This is science fiction at its best.
on 28 April 2016
Top book and all for free, you really need to download this and give it a try, hours of reading and you cannot go wrong, grab it now :)
on 3 April 2017
a good read
on 6 March 2017
Loved these four books. Very well written and impossible to put down. Attention to detail is great. There was a lot of research done for this book and it really shows. Just bought book five, I will be devastated when I am finished this series.
on 12 March 2017
Great
on 13 April 2016
I enjoyed reading these book immensely. I couldn't put them down. I definitely look forward to reading the rest. Amazing stuff.