Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 April 2014
I must admit I was astonished. This is a return to The Kaiser Chiefs' roots. In my opinion, it's on a par with Employment which is something I never expected. The fabulous tongue-in-cheek lyrics are still there, Vijay's drumming is alive'n'kickin'. The keyboards have matured - very similar to The Stranglers' - a good thing. The guitars and bass are even better rockier than earlier albums. "The Voice", Ricky's that is, has more ethereal quality than in previously released tracks and increasingly powerful and energetic. "The Factory Gates" is a fabulous choice for the opening track, and to be perfectly honest, the rest of the album keeps up the pace and the haunting track, "Roses" closes the album with giving you a lot of food for thought. If anyone was in danger of thinking "The Kaiser Chiefs" were past it - THINK AGAIN - they've definitely still got what it takes!!! Lookin' forward to the festival season to see them again! Keep on rockin' boys!
on 18 August 2017
A OK
on 3 June 2014
Great Album, love Bill Knightly's introduction into Cannons. I throughly recommend this album. Kaiser Chiefs are Back on track !
on 7 March 2017
Powerful
on 15 May 2017
always good from the Chiefs
on 7 April 2017
Very good album 👍🏻
on 6 June 2014
Just what you expect from the Chiefs and a little bit more, good album, good tunes, great come back, cheers
on 6 April 2014
This Album is Brilliant! I don't know much about music, I don't know what makes a song good or bad but as the title says 'I Like What I Like' and I like the Kaiser Chiefs. This review is just for fans, or possible fans, on the edge, wondering whether or not to purchase this Album. I am a massive fan of the Kaiser Chiefs but I will try to not be bias in my opinion. To be honest I really didn't like The Future is Medieval apart from 3 songs (those being 1. Child of the Jago 2. Man on Mars 3. Coming Up for Air) so I was worried that this Album might also fail to deliver, combine that with the bands original drummer having left and there is more than enough room left for fair doubt. But there is no need to fear, the Kaiser Chiefs have made a wonderful album that I am glued to 24/7. I love every song. And as for the drumming, well, its fantastic, its different in a way that still fits the band really well. So I will call their new drummer, bless him, one of the Chiefs.

People say that the band sounds different compared too their first and second albums and I agree but this is not a bad thing like so many people claim. Everything changes and a group of individuals music is no different. All anyone can do is try to see that it changes in the right way. Like I think this has.

There are two songs on this album which I think came right out of one of their first, second or third albums; The Factory Gates and Misery Company. The Albums single 'Coming Home' feels a bit out of place here but is still top notch but my favourite song by far is 'Ruffians On Parade', I cant stop listening to it! All the songs on this Album are Ace and, apart from my previously mentioned favourite, I have to give special mention to 'Meanwhile Up in Heaven' and 'Roses'.

Over all I think that this Album is suberb and would highly recommend it to any one who enjoys the Kaiser Chiefs earlier work. Peace. #alwaysonetypo
on 24 May 2014
After the first two albums, they got a bit patchy but this album is beter than the last two. They will sound great live in bigger venues.
on 31 March 2014
The album is ok!! A little Paul McCartney in parts!! One or Two pretty sweet tracks, sure it will be well received