on 13 March 2014
I saw the interview on BBC and was very excited to find out how to unlock my child's full potential. However this book is very boring and repetitive. Get your child to learn to play an instrument before age 7, in a fun way. Thats the answer.... There is lots of scientific evidence as to why. After reading the first few pages I was sold. I was most interested in how to teach my child having no music background, the answer is don't buy this book bye her music lesson book.
on 1 April 2014
If you are interested in Moosicology this book explains the thinking process behind it. Interesting to read but if you want the interactive games go straight for the kit.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 February 2014
Not what I expected.
on 28 February 2014
i'm about half way through reading this book and dont want to put it down, but have to because i have a teenage son with myotonic dystrophy which gives him muscle problems, really stiff hands, he is severly dyslexic and has memory/organisation and speech and language problems and i am his carer. i am so excited by this book if only Liisa had written it 10 years ago when he was younger and it could have had a really big impact on his life and i would have kept up his piano lessons. everything that is written makes sense from what i have learnt from loads of different assessments and therapies we have had on 'our journey' to make life easier for him! and what i have learnt about the left and right side of the brain. thank you Liisa at last these ideas are being recognised now all we have to do is get schools, teachers, Local Authorities and government to understand this and we will be making real progress !!
on 13 February 2014
I listened to a very interesting and informative item on the radio with regard to this subject and therefore decided to buy the book. The book is packed full of scientific facts and is a fairly big book.. You do have to concentrate quite hard.
on 14 January 2014
Having a background in music journalism and my partner being a self taught musician our house is always full of music, and our 5 month old son loves it, so when I heard from a friend about The Music Miracle I was excited to read it.

As well as the music journalism I have a strong scientific background and so value claims to be backed up by scientific evidence, something which is usually missing in most books aimed at parents. However Liisa's claim on the front of "The Scientific Secret To Unlocking Your Child's Full Potential" was certainly backed up by the content of the book,but before you back away at the thought of a science based book let me reassure you that it is written in such a way that it is easy to both read and understand. It explains how children who learned music early on in life were more successful in maths, reading and sciences and even developed a higher level of emotional intelligence. With the majority of the benefits being reaped if the child learns music under 7 it is still beneficial later on.

Any one interested in giving their child a helping hand to shape their future need look no further, it is truly eye opening and I will definitely be giving my son the opportunity to develop these skills, I have already ordered a Moosicology pack as he is far too young for music classes, but as Liisa explains in the book musical instruction does work for his age group as babies under 12 months learn very differently from children over 1 year, just like babies are sensitive to learning language (their mother tongue), they are sensitive to learning musical concepts. I am eagerly awaiting my copy in the post and to start enjoying the musical journey we have ahead!
on 23 April 2014
The author makes a compelling argument for proper teaching of music theory. This is okay it's own right, but I had hoped for more, based on the promise to reveal the 'secret to unlocking your child's full potential'. Short of buying the moosicology package, lobbying for change in early years education, or paying for private lessons, I don't feel much wiser about how to do this.

I'd love to see this author produce a competitively priced practical guide to sit between this book and the moosicology package.
on 7 March 2014
This book is so important and ground breaking.

Full of facts about the child's brain development which I would not have found out otherwise.

A little repetitive in places, but I can understand why because the author draws on many scientific studies which back each other up.

Very grateful to the author for writing this!
on 10 March 2014
Amazing book! Full of information! That really inspired me to encourage my child playing an instrument. I recommend the lecture.
on 18 January 2015
very interseting and enforced my belief of the importance I placed on music with young children